SANTA BARBARA COUNTY TRANSIT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
Print Version of Agenda
Persons may address the Santa Barbara County
Transit Advisory Committee on any matter listed on the agenda by
completing and delivering to the Clerk a speaker slip before the item is
considered. Matters not listed on the agenda may be addressed during the
public comment item on the agenda. Further information on agenda items
can be obtained in the SBCAG Office, 260 North San Antonio Rd., Suite B,
Santa Barbara. The Santa Barbara County Transit Advisory Committee may
consider items out of sequence at the discretion of the Chair. Any
disclosable public records related to an open session item on a regular
meeting agenda and distributed by the Board Clerk to all or a majority
of the members of the Santa Barbara County Transit Advisory Committee
less than 72 hours prior to that meeting are available for inspection in
the SBCAG office and on the Internet at:http://www.sbcag.org/meetings.html
Persons may address the Santa Barbara County Transit Advisory Committee (SBCTAC) on any matter listed on the agenda.
Based on guidance from the California Department of Public Health, the March 19, 2020 California Governor's Stay at Home Executive Order N-33-20, the December 3, 2020 State Public Health Officer’s Regional Stay At Home Order, and the December 6, 2020 State Public Health Officer’s Supplement to the Regional Stay At Home Order to protect the health and well-being of all Californian’s and to establish consistency across the state in order to slow the spread of COVID-19, SBCAG Board of Directors meetings will temporarily no longer provide in-person public participation
Santa Barbara County Association of Governments established alternative methods of participation for the advisory committees, pursuant to the California Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20, issued on March 19, 2020, which states:
• Providing an opportunity to “observe and address the meeting telephonically or otherwise electronically,” alone, meets the participation requirement; and
• “Such a body need not make available any physical location from which members of the public may observe the meeting and offer public comment.”
The following alternative methods of participation are available to the public:
1. Watch the Advisory Committees Live: you may observe the live stream of the advisory committee meetings via Zoom on the computer or by dial-in telephone access via:
• Zoom Webinar ID: 819 7338 0509; password 472952; OR
• One-click weblink to join the Zoom webinar:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81973380509?pwd=LzVtNDhSS2pWeFN6K3JpdFpwdHNsQT09; and password: 472952; OR
• Dial-In Telephone: +1 669 900 9128; Webinar ID:819 7338 0509; password 472952
Please note the information above is for observation ONLY, with access to only watch or listen. If you wish to speak during the advisory committee meeting, select a public participation option listed below.
2. Public Participation: if you wish to make a general public comment or to comment on a specific agenda item, the following methods are available:
• Distribution to the Advisory Committee. Submit comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 5, 2021, or through mail to SBCAG at 260 North San Antonio Road, Suite B, Santa Barbara, CA 93110 to be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. Your comment will be placed into the record and distributed appropriately.
• Read into the record at the meeting. Submit comments of 250 words, or less, via email to email@example.com prior to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 5, 2021, or through mail to SBCAG at 260 North San Antonio Road, Suite B, Santa Barbara, CA 93110 to be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. Please state in your email, or mail, that you would like this "read into the record." Every effort will be made to read your comment into the record, but some comments may not be read due to time limitations. Comments timely received on an agenda item will be placed into the record and distributed accordingly.
• By ZOOM:
i. Webinar: Individuals wishing to view and provide public comment during the Board meeting through the Zoom application may join by clicking this link at the appointed time:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81973380509?pwd=LzVtNDhSS2pWeFN6K3JpdFpwdHNsQT09 and password: 472952
Members of the public wishing to be called on for public comment should click on the “Raise Hand” button on zoom when the item they wish to speak on has begun. When the chair calls for public comment, the clerk will announce you and will unmute your microphone. Comments from the public are limited to 3 minutes per speaker. The public will not be able to share their video or screen.
ii. Telephone: Individuals wishing to give public comment via phone are asked to call the number below at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the meeting at 9:20 a.m. Dial-in: +1 669 900 9128; Meeting ID: 819 7338 0509 then #, when prompted for a participant ID, press #, and when prompted for a meeting password dial: 472952 then #. PLEASE MUTE YOUR PHONE UNTIL YOU ARE CALLED TO SPEAK. If you do not have a mute button, you may mute by pressing the star key followed by the number six (*6). You can unmute by pressing the same keys (*6). To “raise your hand” on the phone, dial *9 when the item you wish to speak on has begun. When the chair calls for public comment, the clerk will announce you and you will unmute your microphone. Comments from the public are limited to 3 minutes per speaker.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) staff at least three working days prior to the scheduled meeting.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND INTRODUCTIONS|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Transit Advisory Council on any matter within the jurisdiction of the Committee that is not included as part of the agenda. Comments shall be limited fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than five minutes.
Approve SBCTAC minutes of October 7, 2020.
Nominate and elect SBCTAC Chair and Vice-Chair for 2021.
2021 MEETING SCHEDULE
Approve the 2021 meeting schedule.
TRANSIT NEEDS ASSESSMENT SUMMARY
A) Receive a presentation on the 2021 Transit Needs Assessment Process.
B) Receive a presentation by Santa Maria Area Transit (SMAT) and City of Lompoc Transit (COLT) staff on input received from local unmet transit needs public workshops.
C) Recommend the SBCAG board approve the 2021 Transit Needs Assessment Memorandum.
The next regularly scheduled meeting date is Wednesday, February 3, 2021 (first Wednesday of the month).
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|