SBCAG BOARD MEETING AGENDA
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Airport Land Use Commission
Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies,
Local Transportation Authority
MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA TELECONFERENCE WITH IN-PERSON AND REMOTE VIRTUAL PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Santa Barbara County
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
105 E. Anapamu Street, 4th Floor
Santa Barbara, CA
Thursday, September 15, 2022
1. Observe the SBCAG Board meeting
Live: you may observe the live stream of the SBCAG Board of
Directors meeting in the following ways:
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on Cunty of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20 at 10:00 A.M.. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
|3.||PUBLIC COMMENT |
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to no more than fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
PUBLIC COMMENT LETTERS
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve the minutes from the August 18, 2022 Board of Directors meetings.
HIGHWAY 101: MONTECITO (4D) AND SANTA BARBARA (4E)
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 4 to the Cooperative Agreement (05-0347) with Caltrans for the pre-construction phases of the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara Project – Segments 4D and 4E. The total Agreement amount is increased by $68,000 to be revised to $26,747,000, including local funds which remain unchanged in the amount of $19,849,000 from Measure A. The Board must approve additional contributions of Measure A funds for this Project, if required.
Amendment No.4 to Cooperative Agreement (05-0347) with Caltrans
AMENDMENT AND ADMINISTRATIVE MODIFICATION PROCEDURES FOR FEDERAL
STATEWIDE TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM|
1. Accept delegation authority from Caltrans to approve administrative modifications to the Federal Statewide Transportation Improvement Program under December 2019 Amendment and Administrative Modification Procedures.
2. Adopt Resolution 22-28 delegating authority to Executive Director to approve administrative modifications to the Federal Statewide Transportation Improvement Program on behalf of the Board.
2023 FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM|
Adopt Resolution 22-29 (Attachment B) approving the 2023 Federal Transportation Improvement Program (Attachment C) for submittal to the California Department of Transportation.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST|
Adopt Resolution No. 22-27 approving the 2022-2024 Biennial Amendments to SBCAG’s Conflict of Interest Code.
CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE COVID-19 STATE OF EMERGENCY |
1. Reconsider the circumstances of the COVID-19 state of emergency;
2. Consider whether state or local officials continue to impose or recommend measures to promote social distancing;
3. Find that the SBCAG Board has reconsidered the circumstances of the state of emergency, and that State or local officials continue to impose or recommend measures to promote social distancing; and
4. Direct Staff to continue to notice and hold hearings as remote hearings consistent with Government Code § 54953(e)(3).
FY 2022-23 OWP & BUDGET AMENDMENT #2|
1. Adopt Resolution 22-30 (Attachment A) amending the FY 2022-23 Overall Work Program (OWP) and Budget (Amendment #2) to reflect final fiscal year 2022-23 Consolidated Planning Grant (CPG) and state funded grant awards as certified by Caltrans, and to shift staffing resources to reflect actual work effort.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to execute this amendment to the OWP and Budget.
Revised Work Elements
OF SENATE BILL 1 (SB1) CYCLE 3 APPLICATIONS FOR SANTA BARBARA U.S. 101
A. Receive a presentation on development of SB1 applications for Santa Barbara U.S. 101 Multimodal Corridor.
B. Approve submittal of applications to California Transportation Commission.
DRAFT BROADBAND STRATEGIC PLAN|
NEW SBCAG AGENCY LOGO
Receive a presentation on the new SBCAG agency graphic logo.
|8.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|9.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects. There will be no Board discussion except to ask questions or refer matters to Staff; no action will be taken unless listed on a subsequent agenda.
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT (General Update)|
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101.
CalVans Board Meeting – September 8, 2022 (Director Julian)
Technical Transportation Advisory Committee Draft/Technical Planning Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes.
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, September 15, 2022 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
|Board Meetings Archive/td>|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|