SBCAG BOARD MEETING AGENDA
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Airport Land Use Commission
Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies,
Local Transportation Authority
MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA TELECONFERENCE WITH IN-PERSON AND REMOTE VIRTUAL PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Santa Barbara County
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
105 E. Anapamu Street, 4th Floor
Santa Barbara, CA
Thursday, August 18, 2022
1. Observe the SBCAG Board meeting
Live: you may observe the live stream of the SBCAG Board of
Directors meeting in the following ways:
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on Cunty of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20 at 10:00 A.M.. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
|3.||PUBLIC COMMENT |
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to no more than fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve the minutes from the July 21, 2022 Board of Directors meetings.
HIGHWAY 101: PADARO TO SANTA BARBARA (SEGMENT 4B TO 4E)|
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 7 to the Agreement with WSP for website support, graphics/renderings, and other support services during the landscaping project phase for Highway 101: Padaro to Santa Barbara segments (4B to 4E) with an increase of $300,000 for a revised total amount not to exceed $1,425,000 without a change in the period of performance ending June 30, 2023.
Amendment No. 7 to Agreement with WSP, Inc.
FORMAL AMENDMENT NO. 13 TO 2021 FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT
Adopt Resolution 22-25 amending the 2021 Federal Transportation Improvement Program through Formal Amendment No. 13 to program FTA 5310 funds to 3 individually listed projects and FTA 5339 funds to 2 individually listed projects.
California Transportation Improvement Program System (CTIPS) Report Amendment 13
2021/22 LOCAL SURFACE TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM (LSTP) APPORTIONMENTS|
Approve the Fiscal Year 2021/22 Local Surface Transportation Program (LSTP) apportionments.
GUADALUPE TRANSIT AND SBCAG TRANSIT OPERATOR AGREEMENT|
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the City of Guadalupe, in its capacity as the Guadalupe Transit to define the roles and responsibilities associated with transit planning and programming for the term of August 18, 2022 through August 31, 2027; and
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to make immaterial amendments in accordance with Section 25 of the MOU.
City of Guadalupe Transit and SBCAG Transit Operator Agreement
FY 2022-23 OWP & BUDGET
1. Adopt Resolution 22-26 (Attachment A) amending the FY 2022-23 Overall Work Program (OWP) and Budget (Amendment #1) to reflect final fiscal year 2022-23 Sustainable Communities Formula Grant funding levels, to reflect unanticipated governmental revenues for a grant awarded for the Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan, to add appropriations for other direct services, and to shift staffing resources to reflect actual work effort.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to execute this amendment to the OWP and Budget.
Revised Work Elements
TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCE AND
INNOVATION ACT (TIFIA)_ SPONSOR PAYMENT AGREEMENT|
Approve and authorize the continued use of the Sponsor Payment Agreement (Attachment A) to make ongoing payments for Build America Bureau’s legal fees relating to the TIFIA loan effort with an increase of $50,000 to the Board authorized amount for a revised total up to $350,000 through the end of the TIFIA process.
Sponsor Payment Agreement
CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE COVID-19 STATE OF EMERGENCY |
1. Reconsider the circumstances of the COVID-19 state of emergency;
2. Consider whether state or local officials continue to impose or recommend measures to promote social distancing;
3. Find that the SBCAG Board has reconsidered the circumstances of the state of emergency, and that State or local officials continue to impose or recommend measures to promote social distancing; and
4. Direct Staff to continue to notice and hold hearings as remote hearings consistent with Government Code § 54953(e)(3).
2023 FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM|
Hold a public hearing for the Draft 2023 Federal Transportation Improvement Program (FTIP).
Draft 2023 FTIP
REGIONAL EARLY ACTION PLANNING GRANTS (REAP)|
Receive an update on the progress and status of SBCAG’s implementation of the Regional Early Action Planning Grants’ Program.
|7||ONE MINUTE REPORTS|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|8.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects. There will be no Board discussion except to ask questions or refer matters to Staff; no action will be taken unless listed on a subsequent agenda.
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT (General Update)|
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101.
CalVans Board Meeting – August 11, 2022 (Director Julian)
LOSSAN Board Meeting – August 15, 2022 (Director Hart)
Technical Transportation Advisory Committee Draft/Technical Planning Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes.
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, September 15, 2022 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
|Board Meetings Archive/td>|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|