SBCAG BOARD MEETING AGENDA
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Airport Land Use Commission
Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies,
Local Transportation Authority
MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA TELECONFERENCE WITH IN-PERSON
AND REMOTE VIRTUAL PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
1. Observe the SBCAG Board meeting
Live: you may observe the live stream of the SBCAG Board of
Directors meeting in the following ways:
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on Cunty of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20 at 10:00 A.M.. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to 250 words, or less. Please follow instructions at the top of this agenda.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
HIGHWAY 101: PADARO TO SANTA BARBARA (SEGMENT 4B TO 4E)|
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 11 to the Agreement with Ayars and Associates for community outreach and pre-construction and construction public information for the Highway 101: Padaro to Santa Barbara segments (4B to 4E) with an increase of $609,840 for a revised total amount not to exceed $2,703,045 without a change in the period of performance ending June 30, 2023.
Amendment No. 11 to Agreement with Ayars & Associates.
OLIVE MILL AND SAN YSIDRO ROUNDABOUTS|
1. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to execute a Utility Agreement with Southern California Edison (SCE), similar to the attached, for costs related to relocating its facilities as a result of the Olive Mill and San Ysidro Roundabouts project and authorize payment of SBCAG’s share of the costs up to $177,950.50, upon review and concurrence by legal counsel; and
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to in accordance with the Utility Agreement with the SCE Section IV pay a final bill that does not exceed up to 125% of the total amount ($222,438.13), and to make immaterial amendments that would not result in an increase in funding, based upon review and concurrence with legal counsel.
Utility Agreement with SCE
CITY OF LOMPOC
TRANSIT AND SBCAG TRANSIT OPERATOR AGREEMENT|
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the City of Lompoc, in its capacity as the City of Lompoc Transit to define the roles and responsibilities associated with transit planning and programming for the term of July 21, 2022 to July 31, 2027; and
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to make immaterial amendments in accordance with Section 25 of the MOU.
City of Lompoc Transit and SBCAG Transit Operator Agreement
TNC ACCESS FOR ALL AGREEMENT
WITH VENTURA TRANSIT SYSTEM INC.|
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute and Agreement with Ventura Transit Incorporated to provide on-demand and demand response wheelchair accessible vehicle services within Santa Barbara County 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in an amount not to exceed $343,435 with a period of performance from August 1, 2022 to June 30, 2024. Approval and authorization of this Agreement completes the TNC Access for All Program of Projects for Fiscal Years 19/20 and 20/21.
Agreement between SBCAG and Ventura Transit System, Inc.
FORMAL AMENDMENT NO. 11 TO 2021 FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT
Adopt Resolution 22-23 amending the 2021 Federal Transportation Improvement Program through Formal Amendment No.11 to add one new project and update the project description for one existing project, both from the City of Santa Maria.
FINAL SANTA BARBARA U.S. 101 COMPREHENSIVE
MULTIMODAL CORRIDOR PLAN|
1. Adopt the Final Santa Barbara U.S. 101 Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan (“Corridor Plan”) and delegate authority to Executive Director to approve administrative edits to the Corridor Plan prior to submittal to the California Transportation Commission; and
2. Find that the project is exempt under the California Environmental Quality Act as described in the Notice of Exemption (NOE) and direct staff to file the NOE with the County Clerk.
Final Santa Barbara U.S. 101 Multimodal Corridor Plan
Direct staff to have the Executive Director write a letter to the California Transportation Commission (CTC) that Active Transportation Program (ATP) funds for which SBCAG is the sponsor from Cycle 3, will not be utilized for the construction phase of the Rincon Trail Project due to the inability of the City of Carpinteria to successfully deliver the project within the schedule requirements.
CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE COVID-19 STATE OF EMERGENCY |
1. Reconsider the circumstances of the COVID-19 state of emergency;
2. Consider whether state or local officials continue to impose or recommend measures to promote social distancing;
3. Find that the SBCAG Board has reconsidered the circumstances of the state of emergency, and that State or local officials continue to impose or recommend measures to promote social distancing; and
4. Direct Staff to continue to notice and hold hearings as remote hearings consistent with Government Code § 54953(e)(3).
BROADBAND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATION|
A. Direct staff to apply for a technical assistance grant to implement the Broadband Strategic Plan.
B. Authorize the Executive Director to sign a notarized affidavit agreeing to comply with the terms of the grant.
SANTA CLAUS LANE BIKEWAY|
A. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement with MNS Engineers for design, right of way, permitting, utility coordination and other support services required during construction for the Santa Claus Lane Bikeway project with an increase of $440,000 for a revised total amount not to exceed $1,523,100 with a change in the period of performance to be extended an additional 2 years to June 30, 2025.
MNS Contract Amendment No. 2
B. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an Agreement with the Cachuma Resource Conservation District, (CRCD), a special district in the State of California, for services and construction to mitigate for wetland impacts to comply with permit conditions for the Santa Claus Lane Bikeway Project, in the amount not to exceed $626,953 and a period of performance including post-construction monitoring through July 31, 2027.
Agreement with CRCD for wetland mitigation
C. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to execute an Agreement with the South Coast Habitat Restoration, similar to attached and based upon review and concurrence with legal counsel, for services and construction to mitigate for riparian impacts to comply with permit conditions for the Santa Claus Lane Bikeway Project. Agreement will be in the amount of $102,487 with a period of performance including post-construction monitoring through July 31, 2027.
Agreement with SCHR for riparian mitigation
D. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Cooperative Agreement (05-0397) with Caltrans for the construction phase of the Santa Claus Lane Bikeway. The total Agreement amount is $13,216,000, including $5,199,000 in local funds from Measure A and Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) funds from the Highway 101 reserve. The Board must approve additional contributions of Measure A funds for this Project, if required.
Cooperative Agreement (05-0397) with Caltrans for construction
Santa Claus Lane Bikeway Power Point Presentation
|7||ONE MINUTE REPORTS|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|8.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects. There will be no Board discussion except to ask questions or refer matters to Staff; no action will be taken unless listed on a subsequent agenda.
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT (General Update)|
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101.
CalVans Board Meeting – July 14, 2022 (Director Julian)
LOSSAN Board Meeting – July 18, 2022 (Director Hart)
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, August 18, 2022 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|