SBCAG BOARD MEETING AGENDA
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Airport Land Use Commission
Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies,
Local Transportation Authority
MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA TELECONFERENCE WITH IN-PERSON
AND REMOTE VIRTUAL PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
1. Observe the SBCAG Board meeting
Live: you may observe the live stream of the SBCAG Board of
Directors meeting in the following ways:
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on Cunty of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20 at 10:00 A.M.. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
Executive Director Performance Evaluation. (Gov. Code § 54957(b)(1).)
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to 250 words, or less. Please follow instructions at the top of this agenda.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE COVID-19 STATE OF EMERGENCY |
1. Reconsider the circumstances of the COVID-19 state of emergency;
2. Consider whether state or local officials continue to impose or recommend measures to promote social distancing;
3. Find that the SBCAG Board has reconsidered the circumstances of the state of emergency, and that State or local officials continue to impose or recommend measures to promote social distancing; and
4. Direct Staff to continue to notice and hold hearings as remote hearings consistent with Government Code § 54953(e)(3).
FY 2022-23 OVERALL WORK PROGRAM AND BUDGET|
1. Adopt Resolution 22-13 approving (1) the SBCAG Overall Work Program and Budget and (2) a 4.3% Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for FY 2022-2023 for SBCAG Staff and Executive Director Kirn pursuant to section 7 of the Agreement of Employment between SBCAG and Executive Director Kirn.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to file and execute all necessary applications, Overall Work Program agreement with Caltrans, certifications, and assurances that may be required to receive the federal and state funds requested to finance the activities described in the Overall Work Program and Comprehensive Budget for fiscal year 2022-23.
Final FY 2022-23 Overall Work Program and Budget
D. SUBRECIPIENT AGREEMENT FOR BROADBAND STRATEGIC PLAN
Approve, ratify, and authorize the Chair to execute a Subrecipient Agreement with the City of Santa Barbara to receive $60,460.46 in Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery funds (SLFRF) to support development of a Broadband Strategic Plan with a period of performance from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
City of Santa Barbara and SBCAG SLFRF Subrecipient Agreement
HIGHWAY 101: MONTECITO AND SANTA BARBARA (4D AND 4E)|
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 3 to the Cooperative Agreement (05-0347) with Caltrans for the pre-construction phases of the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara Project – Segments 4D and 4E. The total Agreement amount is increased by $642,000 to be revised to $26,679,000, including local funds in the amount of $19,849,000 from Measure A. The Board must approve additional contributions of Measure A funds for this Project, if required.
Amendment No.3 to Cooperative Agreement (05-0347) with Caltrans
FTA SECTION 5311 PROGRAM OF PROJECTS AND 2021 FTIP AMENDMENT #7|
1. Adopt Resolution 22-10 (Attachment B) approving the Program of Projects for Federal Transit Administration Section 5311 non-urbanized area transit funds in Santa Barbara County for Federal Fiscal Year 2022/23.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, or designee, to submit and sign and additional documents such as certificates and assurances to accept Section 5311 fund allocations.
3. After adoption of FTA 5311 projects, adopt Resolution 22-11 amending the 2021 Federal Transportation Improvement Program through Formal Amendment No. 7 to program FTA Section 5311 funding to projects in Santa Barbara County.
FY 2021-22 OWP & BUDGET AMENDMENT #7|
1. Adopt Resolution 22-12 (Attachment A) amending the FY 2021-22 Overall Work Program (OWP) and Budget (Amendment #7) to reflect final fiscal year 2021-22 FHWA PL estimates provided by Caltrans and to reflect Access for All (WE 3881) work and associated revenues.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to execute this amendment to the OWP and Budget.
Revised Work Elements
OUTSIDE COUNSEL SERVICES|
Approve, ratify, and authorize the Chair to execute an Agreement for Professional Services with Oppenheimer Investigations Group for professional legal services for the term of April 18, 2022 to April 17, 2023 in the amount not to exceed $20,000.
Agreement with Oppenheimer Investigations Group
MEASURE A 2021 ANNUAL REPORT
Receive and file the Measure A 2021 Annual Report.
CENTRAL COAST CLEAN CITIES COALITION RE-DESIGNATION AS CLEAN CITIES
Approve SBCAG’s support of Central Coast Clean Cities Coalition’s re-designation as an official Clean Cities Coalition.
AIRPORT LAND USE COMPATIBILITY PLAN UPDATE|
Receive an update on the status of the draft Airport Land Use Compatibility Plans.
Power Point Presentation
DRAFT MEASURE A PROGRAM OF PROJECTS|
RINCON MULTI-USE TRAIL|
A. Receive an update from SBCAG and City of Carpinteria staff on recent developments on the Rincon Multi-Use Trail Project.
B. Consider approval of the request by the City of Carpinteria to use funds for the study of other alternatives.
NOTICE OF FUNDING
OPPORTUNITY FOR FEDERAL MULTIMODAL PROJECTS DISCRETIONARY GRANT PROGRAMS|
Authorize submittal of grant application to U.S. Department of Transportation for Multimodal Projects Discretionary Grant Notice of Funding Opportunity for Santa Barbara Highway 101 High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Project – Segment 4D South at a request of $90 million.
Funding Opportunity for Santa Barbara Highway 101 Multimodal Corridor through Federal Multimodal Projects Discretionary Grant Opportunity - Power Point Presentation
Power Point Presentation
|10.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|11.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects. There will be no Board discussion except to ask questions or refer matters to Staff; no action will be taken unless listed on a subsequent agenda.
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT (General Update)|
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101.
LOSSAN Board Meeting – April 18, 2022 (Director Hart)
A. Technical Transportation Advisory Committee Draft/Technical Planning Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
B. Caltrans response letter - March 17, 2022 SBCAG Board meeting
C. California State Audit of the Department of Housing and Community
Development’s Regional Housing Needs Assessment (RHNA) Process letter.
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, May 19, 2022 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|