SBCAG BOARD MEETING AGENDA
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Airport Land Use Commission
Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies,
Local Transportation Authority
MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA TELECONFERENCE WITH IN-PERSON
AND REMOTE VIRTUAL PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
1. Observe the SBCAG Board meeting
Live: you may observe the live stream of the SBCAG Board of
Directors meeting in the following ways:
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on Cunty of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20 at 10:00 A.M.. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to 250 words, or less. Please follow instructions at the top of this agenda.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve the minutes from the October 21, 2021 Board of Directors meeting.
|B. SANTA CLAUS LANE BIKEWAY
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 1 to the Cooperative Agreement (05-0361) with Caltrans for the Plans, Specifications, Estimates (PS&E) and Right of Way (RW) phases of the Santa Claus Lane Class I Bikeway Project. The amendment increases Measure A funding by $100,000 for a revised total Agreement amount of $1,129,600, including SBCAG’s contribution of $719,600 in Measure A funds.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to execute amendments to the funding summary pursuant to Article 16 of the Agreement that will increase State funds, OR, shift funding contributions between project components so long as it does not result in an increase to the overall funding contribution by SBCAG, upon review and concurrence by legal counsel. The Board must approve contributions from additional funding sources, such as Measure A, if required.
Cooperative Agreement 05-0361 Amendment No. 1 with Caltrans
|C. HIGHWAY 101:CARPINTERIA
(4A) / VIA REAL-SANTA MONICA INTERSECTION|
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 3 to the Cooperative Agreement (05-0343) with Caltrans for the design and right of way phases of the Highway 101: Carpinteria (Segment 4A) Project to update the information below the funding and spending tables without an increase in costs. The Board must approve additional contributions of Measure A funds for this Project, if required.
Cooperative Agreement (05-0343) Amendment No.3 with Caltrans
2022 REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
Adopt Resolution 21-35 for the 2022 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (RTIP) programming to be submitted to the California Transportation Commission (CTC) for inclusion in the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP).
FY 22-23 OVERALL WORK PROGRAM|
Provide input to staff on work tasks to be included in SBCAG’s FY 22-23 Overall Work Program.
HIGHWAY CALL BOX SYSTEM 4G/LTE UPGRADE AMENDMENTS|
1. Adopt Resolution 21-34 (Attachment A) amending the FY 2021-22 Overall Work Program (OWP) and Budget (Amendment #3) to reflect an increase in costs associated in the administration of the callbox program as a result of necessary upgrades to the callbox system.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to execute this amendment to the OWP and Budget.
3. Acting as the Santa Barbara County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement for Maintenance of Highway Call Box Systems with CASE Emergency Systems to increase the not to exceed amount by $66,000 for a revised total of $360,000 to upgrade 45 call boxes from 3G to 4G/LTE.
STATE TRANSIT ASSISTANCE FISCAL YEAR 2020-21|
Adopt Resolution 21-36 approving $4,003,413 in State Transit Assistance (STA) funds, including interest earnings, to local claimants for FY 2020-21 to be claimed by amending FY 2021-22 Transportation Development Claims.
CLASSIFICATION AND COMPENSATION PLAN|
Adopt Resolution No. 21-37 rescinding all prior classification and compensation plan and establishing a new compensation and classification plan, including an updated job class table and updated salary schedule reflecting a cost of living adjustment and benefit adjustment effective pay period beginning November 15, 2021 (Pay period 25-2021).
FY 2019-20 MEASURE A AUDITS|
Receive and file the Fiscal Year 19-20 Measure A audit reports and management letter prepared by Moss, Levy & Hartzheim, LLP.
Compliance with Maintenance of Effort Requirements- Measure A Ordinance No. 5
Compliance with Alternative Transportation Requirements - Measure A Investment Plan
RECONSIDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES
OF THE COVID-19 STATE OF EMERGENCY |
1. Reconsider the circumstances of the COVID-19 state of emergency;
2. Consider whether state or local officials continue to impose or recommend measures to promote social distancing;
3. Find that the SBCAG Board has reconsidered the circumstances of the state of emergency, and that State or local officials continue to impose or recommend measures to promote social distancing; and
4. Direct Staff to continue to notice and hold hearings as remote hearings consistent with Government Code § 54953(e)(3).
ELECTRIC SHUTTLE PURCHASE |
Approve and authorize Executive Director to execute an agreement to purchase two electric shuttles funded by the 2018 SBCAG Transit and Intercity Rail Capital Program grant in an amount not to exceed $445,000 with delivery by March 31, 2022, upon review and approval by legal counsel.
HIGHWAY 166/BLACK ROAD INTERSECTION|
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with MNS Engineers for construction management services for the Highway 166/Black Road Project to extend the period of performance to June 30, 2023 without an increase in funding at this time.
Amendment No. 1 to Agreement with MNS Engineers
HIGHWAY 101 CORRIDOR-COUNTY
COASTAL ACCESS PROJECTS|
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 1 to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the County of Santa Barbara to extend the period of performance to December 31, 2023.
MOU Amendment No. 1 with County of Santa Barbara
CLEAN AIR EXPRESS REPORT|
Receive monthly update on the Clean Air Express commuter bus service.
CYCLE CALIFORNIA COAST AGENCY
Authorize SBCAG to serve as the lead coordination agency for the Cycle California Coast program and direct staff to bring back an amendment to the SBCAG FY21-22 Budget to account for the additional expenses and revenue collected for the program.
MEASURE A COLLECTED REVENUES AND FY 2022/23 REVENUE ESTIMATES|
A. Receive an update on collected Measure A revenues through June 2021.
B. Review and comment on Measure A revenue estimates for Fiscal Years 2022/23 to 2026/27.
Table 1 – Five-Year Revenue Estimate
Table 2 – North County and South Coast Annual Allocations
Table 3 – Five-Year Revenue Estimate: Local Street & Transportation Improvement and South Coast Transit Operations
Table 4 – Five-Year Revenue Estimate: Specialized Transit for Elderly & Disabled
Table 5 – Five-Year Revenue Estimate: Local & Authority Program of Projects
Measure A Collected Revenues and FY 2022/23 Revenue Estimates - Power Point Presentation
CENSUS 2020 SUMMARY|
A. Receive a presentation on the initial analysis of the Census 2020 redistricting file release.
B. Receive and file the Census 2020 Summary: Initial Analysis of the Census 2020 Redistricting File for the Santa Barbara County Region document.
Census 2020 Summary: Initial Analysis of the Census 2020 Redistricting File for the Santa Barbara County Region
Census 2020 Power Point Presentation
|7.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|8.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects. There will be no Board discussion except to ask questions or refer matters to Staff; no action will be taken unless listed on a subsequent agenda.
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update|
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101.
LOSSAN (Pacific Surfliner) Board meeting November 15th – Director Hart
Technical Transportation Advisory Committee Draft/Technical Planning Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, December 16, 2021 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|