SBCAG BOARD MEETING AGENDA
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Airport Land Use Commission
Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies,
Local Transportation Authority
MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA TELECONFERENCE WITH IN-PERSON
AND REMOTE VIRTUAL PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20 at 10:00 A.M.. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to 250 words, or less. Please follow instructions at the top of this agenda.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve the minutes from the June 127, 2021 Board of Directors meeting.
|B. OLIVE MILL ROUNDABOUT|
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the City of Santa Barbara for the Plans, Specifications and Estimate PS&E) and Right of Way (RW) phases. of the Olive Mill Roundabout Project. Each Party is funding its own work. The term of the MOU is through December 31, 2025.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to make Administrative Amendments in accordance with Section 28 of the MOU.
MOU with City of Santa Barbara
|C. MEASURE A CITIZENS
OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE |
Approve the reappointment of Geoffrey Slaff as an “at-large” member on the Measure A Citizens Oversight Committee to serve a four-year term from September 2021 to September 2025.
FTA 5307 CARES SUBRECIPIENT
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an agreement with Santa Barbara MTD to allow SBCAG to receive $400,000 in FTA CARES Act funding to support the Clean Air Express service with a period of performance from July 15, 2021 to June 30, 2024. The agreement includes 3 one-year options to extend the agreement to June 30, 2027.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to extend the agreement in accordance with section 4.
FTA Subrecipient Agreement with MTD
|E. ELECTRIC VEHICLE SUPPLY
EQUIPMENT PURCHASE |
Approve and authorize Executive Director to execute an agreement for Level 2 and Level 3 chargers to be installed at the SBCAG transit facility in an amount not to exceed $140,000 with a period of performance from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2023, upon review and approval by legal counsel.
FTA 5307 PROGRAM OF PROJECTS AND AMENDMENT 3 TO THE FEDERAL
TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM|
1. Adopt projects selected for funding from the FY 2021 FTA 5307 Call for Projects for the cities of Lompoc, Santa Maria, and Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District.
2. After adoption of FY 2021 FTA 5307 projects, adopt Resolution 21-24 amending the 2021 Federal Transportation Improvement Program through Formal Amendment No. 3 to program to program FTA Section 5307 funding to projects in Santa Barbara County. This amendment also programs an Active Transportation Program Cycle 5 project from the City of Santa Barbara, the Highway 101/Highway 135 Interchange project, and Los Alamos Connected Community project. A new project from Santa Barbara MTD is also being added and funding for two of their projects is being updated.
LOW CARBON TRANSIT
OPERATIONS TRANSFER |
Receive and file notice of transfer of $1,249 in Low Carbon Transit Operations (LCTOP) STA 99314 Farebox Revenue funding from the Cities of Solvang and Guadalupe to SBCAG for the Clean Air Express Free Pass Program.
REGIONAL HOUSING NEEDS ALLOCATION (RHNA)|
Hold a public hearing to accept comments on the draft Regional Housing Needs Allocation Plan for the 6th housing element cycle, and after considering any comments adopt, by Resolution No. 21-25, the 2023-2031 Regional Housing Needs Allocation Plan.
2023-2031 RHNA Plan
RHNA Power Point Presentation
Public Comment letters
FORUM – BROADBAND|
Direct staff to host a regional forum to discuss Broadband in Santa Barbara County and appoint two county and two city SBCAG Board members to form an ad-hoc committee to help with the planning for the regional forum.
TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCE AND INNOVATION ACT (TIFIA)
SPONSOR PAYMENT AGREEMENT WITH THE BUILD AMERICA BUREAU|
Approve and authorize Executive Director to execute a Sponsor Project Agreement to facilitate the payment of legal fees relating to the Build America Bureau procurement of outside legal counsel in connection with the TIFIA loan effort in an amount not to exceed $300,000 with a period of performance from July 15, 2021 and June 30, 2022, upon review and approval by legal counsel.
TIFIA - Power Point Presentation
|8.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|9.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects.
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update|
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101.
LOSSAN (Pacific Surfliner) Board Meeting – June 21, 2021 (Director Hart)
CalVans Board Meeting - July 8, 2021 (Director Julian)
Technical Transportation Advisory Committee Draft/Technical Planning Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, August 19, 2021 in Santa Maria beginning at 10:00 a.m.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|