SBCAG BOARD MEETING AGENDA
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA TELECONFERENCE WEBINAR
WITH REMOTE VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION ONLY
June 17, 2021
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20 at 10:00 A.M.. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to 250 words, or less. Please follow instructions at the top of this agenda.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve the minutes from the May 20, 2021 Board of Directors meeting.
|B. REGIONAL HOUSING NEEDS
ALLOCATION (RHNA) DRAFT PLAN|
Approve release of the draft RHNA Plan for public review leading to a public hearing and consideration of adoption of the final plan during the July 15, 2021 meeting.
|C. ZERO EMISSION COACH
Approve, ratify, and authorize the Chair to execute an Agreement with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and to make and sign all required representations and certifications for SBCAG to receive $500,000 to partially fund the purchase of a battery electric over the road coach for use in Clean Air Express service with a term of May 1, 2021 through May 31, 2023.
Funding agreement with Caltrans
|D. PROPOSITION 4/111
Adopt Resolution 21-17 establishing the Appropriations Limit and selecting the annual adjustment factors for the 2021-22 fiscal year.
|E. FINAL MEASURE A PROGRAM OF
1. Approve revised estimates for the Specialized Transit for Elderly and Disabled due to a clerical error; and
2. Adopt the Measure A Program of Projects for Fiscal Years 2021/22 to 2025/26; and
3. Adopt Resolution 21-19 allocating $40,580,191 in Measure A funds to eligible claimants for Fiscal Year 2021/22.
Measure A Program of Projects - Includes Program of Projects
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to make administrative changes to the policy in order to maintain state, and federal compliance.
TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPMENT ACT/LOCAL TRANSPORTATION FUND ALLOCATIONS|
Adopt Resolution 21-18 allocating $19,190,000 in Local Transportation Funds (LTF) to eligible claimants for FY 2021-22.
SPECIALIZED TRANSIT CONTRACTS – EASY LIFT AND SMOOTH|
After adoption of Resolution 21-19
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an Agreement with Easy Lift, Inc. to provide para-transit services for 1.3% of the specialized transit funds in the South Coast estimated in an amount of $231,708 for the term of July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022; and
2. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an Agreement with Santa Maria Organization of Transportation Helpers (SMOOTH), Inc. to provide para-transit services for 36.427% of the 1% of specialized transit funds in the North County in an estimated amount of $63,304 for the term of July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
Specialized Transit Contract- Easy Lift
Specialized Transit Contract – SMOOTH
|I. OLIVE MILL AND SAN YSIDRO
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with County of Santa Barbara for the Plans, Specifications and Estimate (PS&E) and Right of Way (RW) phases of the Olive Mill Roundabout and San Ysidro Roundabout projects. Each Party is funding its own work. The term of the MOU is through December 31, 2025.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to make Administrative Amendments in accordance with Section 28 of the MOU.
MOU with County of Santa Barbara
LINDEN AND CASITAS PROJECT|
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 3 to Cooperative Agreement (05-0303) with Caltrans for the construction phase to increase the budget for reimbursement for Traffic Management Plan (TMP) by $69,076 for a revised total Agreement amount not to exceed $1,427,076.
Amendment No. 3 to cooperative agreement 05-0303
PERFORMANCE BASED SALARY ADJUSTMENT FOR THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR|
Receive a report on a 3% performance-based salary increase effective June 1, 2021 as required under Section 5 of the Agreement of Employment between Santa Barbara County Association of Governments and Marjie C. Kirn, Executive Director for overall outstanding performance.
REVISED LOW CARBON TRANSIT OPERATIONS PROGRAM ALLOCATION|
1. Adopt Resolution 21-23 approving revised allocation request for Fiscal Year 2020/21 Low Carbon Transit Operations program (LCTOP).
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, or designee, to execute documents and
amendments required by Caltrans to secure LCTOP funds for use and distribution; and
3. Approve and authorize SBCAG staff to act as authorized agents in accordance with LCTOP guidelines.
HIGHWAY 101: (SUMMERLAND) - LANDSCAPING|
1. Adopt Resolution 21-22 (Attachment A) approving Cooperative Agreement (05-0395) with Caltrans for the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara Project – Segment 4C Landscaping and acknowledge appropriation of funds; and
2. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a Cooperative Agreement (05-0395) with Caltrans (Attachment B) for the landscaping phase at a total amount not to exceed $200,000 funded by Measure A. The Board must approve additional contributions of Measure A funds for this Segment 4C Landscaping component, if required.
Cooperative Agreement 05-0395 with Caltrans
EXECUTE CERTIFICATES OF
ACCEPTANCE FOR REAL PROPERTY|
Adopt Resolution 21-20 authorizing the Executive Director to execute a Certificate of Acceptance on behalf of the Santa Barbara Association of Governments for the purchase of real property for the Highway 166 / Black Road Intersection Project.
CONNECTED 2050 REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION PLAN AND SUSTAINABLE
COMMUNITIES STRATEGY (RTP-SCS) AND DRAFT PROGRAM ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
Conduct a public hearing to accept comments on the draft Connected 2050 RTP-SCS and associated Draft Program Environmental Impact Report.
Draft Connected 2050 (body)
Draft Connected 2050 (appendices)
Public Comment Letter
Connected 2050 PowerPoint
Public Comment Letter
STATE LEGISLATIVE UPDATE - FY 2021-22 BUDGET|
Receive a presentation on State legislative activities related to the FY 2021-22 budget.
HIGHWAY 166/BLACK ROAD PROJECT|
A. Receive an update on the status of the Highway 166/Black Road Project;
B. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to waive the competitive bidding requirement and to execute an agreement(s) to procure traffic poles, signals, lighting equipment, device components, parts, and supplies for the Highway 166 / Black Road project, on an as-needed basis, effective through 12/31/2022 with a maximum aggregate limit not to exceed $100,000, upon review and approval by legal counsel;
C. Authorize the Executive Director to advertise and receive bids for construction of the Highway 166/Black Road Project; and
D. After considering the Initial Study with Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND), SCH Number 2018101004, adopted by the California Department of Transportation on October 31, 2018, find that no subsequent environmental review document shall be prepared pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Section 15162 related to the State Route 166/Black Road Intersection Improvement Project, District 5 – SB – 166 (PM4.5/5.1) Project, since there are no substantial changes proposed in the project and no substantial changes have occurred with respect to the circumstances under which the project is undertaken that will require major revisions to the IS/MND due to new or substantially increased significant impacts, and there is no new information of substantial importance showing new or substantially increased significant impacts or impacts to new or previously analyzed mitigation measures or alternatives that would substantially reduce significant impacts. The IS/MND can be found at: www.measurea.net/doucments.html
MEASURE A CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
Receive a presentation and provide direction on the selection process to fill a vacancy of an “at-large” member position on the Measure A Citizens Oversight Committee and five terms expiring September 2021.
|9.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|10.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects.
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update|
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101.
Technical Transportation Advisory Committee Draft/Technical Planning Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, July 15, 2021 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|