SBCAG BOARD MEETING AGENDA
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA TELECONFERENCE WEBINAR
WITH REMOTE VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION ONLY
May 20, 2021
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20 at 10:00 A.M.. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to 250 words, or less. Please follow instructions at the top of this agenda.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve the minutes from the April 15, 2021 Board of Directors meeting.
AMERICAN INFRASTRUCTURE WITH SUSTAINABILITY AND EQUITY GRANT APPLICATION
FOR THE SANTA BARBARA U.S. 101 MULTIMODAL CORRIDOR|
Authorize staff to submit a funding grant application to the Federal Department of Transportation for the Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE) discretionary grant program for the Santa Barbara U.S. 101 Multimodal Corridor.
Public Comment Letter
|C. AMENDMENT TO THE FEDERAL
TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM|
Adopt Resolution 21-13 amending the 2021 Federal Transportation Improvement Program through Formal Amendment No. 1 to program newly awarded Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5311 non-urbanized area funds and FTA Section 5311 non-urbanized area Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 (CRRSAA) funds to individually listed projects for the City of Solvang, City of Guadalupe and SBCAG. This amendment also programs grouped projects for the local Highway Bridge Program.
|D. SURFACE TRANSPORTATION
Approve the Fiscal Year 2020/21 Local Surface Transportation Program (LSTP) apportionments.
MEASURE A SOUTH COAST SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL, BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a Fifth Amendment to the Measure A South Coast Safe Routes to School, Bicycle and Pedestrian Program Cycle 3 Cooperative Agreement with City of Goleta to extend the Timely Use of Funds deadline for 12 months to June 30, 2022 for construction of the Mid-Block Crosswalk Controlled by a HAWK Signal Project and find that unforeseen and extraordinary circumstances beyond the control of the City of Goleta have occurred that justifies the extension.
2. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a First Amendment to the Measure A South Coast Safe Routes to School, Bicycle and Pedestrian Program Cycle 4 Cooperative Agreement with City of Goleta to extend the Timely Use of Funds deadline for 6 months to December 30, 2021 for the Planning and Project Development (P&PD) phase of work for the Storke Road/Hollister Avenue Transit, Bike/Ped and Median Improvements Project and extend the Timely Use of Funds deadline for the Preliminary Engineering (PE) phase of work for the Hollister Class I Bike Path Lighting Project and find that unforeseen and extraordinary circumstances beyond the control of the City of Goleta have occurred that justifies the extension.
Cycle 4 Time Extension Request Letter and First Amendment to the Cooperative Agreement with the City of Goleta
FY 2021-22 OVERALL WORK
PROGRAM AND BUDGET |
1. Adopt Resolution 21-14 approving the SBCAG Overall Work Program and Budget; and
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to file and execute all necessary applications, Overall Work Program agreement with Caltrans, certifications, and assurances that may be required to receive the federal and state funds requested to finance the activities described in the Overall Work Program and Comprehensive Budget for fiscal year 2021-22.
Final FY 2021-22 Overall Work Program and Budget
Adopt Resolution 21-16 which approves and adopts updates to the Purchasing Policy and affirms Resolution 17-39 delegating authority to the Executive Director, or designee, to act as SBCAG’s Purchasing Officer in accordance with SBCAG purchasing policy and continues allowing the Purchasing Officer authority to make administrative changes to the policy, upon review and approval by legal counsel.
SBCAG Purchasing Policy Update May 20, 2021
PROJECT STUDY REPORT (PSR) WORK PLAN|
Approve Project Study Report/Project Initiation Document Work Program for Fiscal Years 21/22 to 23/24.
CLEAN AIR EXPRESS CONTRACT
1. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to finalize and execute an Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement between SBCAG and AmericanStar Trailways for continued operation of the Clean Air Express, similar to the attached draft amendment, to extend the term for four months through October 29, 2021, to add four one-month options extending the term through February 25, 2022 if needed, and to increase funds by $500,000 for a revised amount not to exceed $2,400,000, upon review and approval by legal counsel.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to exercise the additional one-month options to extend, if needed.
Amendment No. 3 to Clean Air Express operating contract
HIGHWAY 166/BLACK ROAD INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENTS|
Approve and authorize the Executive Director to execute a purchase agreement and any additional documents required to record the grant deed with the Vecchioli Family Trust for the purchase of real property APN No. 117-191-005 associated with the construction of the Highway 166/Black Road in the amount of $5,000.
Real Property Purchase Contract
OLIVE MILL AND SAN YSIDRO
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an agreement with Mark Thomas and Company for services related to the Plans, Specifications & Estimate (PS&E) and Right of Way (RW) phases for the Olive Mill Roundabout and San Ysidro Roundabout projects for an amount not to exceed $1,960,000 with a period of performance beginning May 20, 2021 and ending December 31, 2023.
Mark Thomas and Company Agreement
HIGHWAY 101: CARPINTERIA
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 6 to the agreement with Ayars and Associates for services related to providing community relations and outreach services for construction of Highway 101: Carpinteria (4A) with an increase of $161,000 for a revised total amount not to exceed $1,231,000 without a change in the period of performance ending June 30, 2023.
Amendment No. 6 to Agreement with Ayars & Associates
HIGHWAY 101: CARPINTERIA
(SEGMENT 4B to 4E)|
Authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 7 to the agreement with Ayars and Associates for services related to providing community relations and outreach services for pre-construction and construction for Highway 101: 4B to 4E with an increase of $399,000 for a revised total amount not to exceed $1,630,000 without a change in the period of performance ending June 30, 2023.
Amendment No. 7 to Agreement with Ayars & Associates
ZERO EMISSION OVER THE ROAD COACH
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute and Agreement with BYD, Inc. to purchase up to five battery- powered over the road coaches funded by a Transit and Intercity Rail Program (TIRCP) grant with a period of performance from May 20, 2021 to December 31, 2022 for an amount not to exceed of $4,250,000.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to extend the period of performance by one year and to make immaterial amendments in accordance with Agreement sections 4.B and 34.
Bus procurement contract with BYD Coach and Bus
Public Comment Letter
HIGHWAY 101: CARPINTERIA TO
SANTA BARBARA (4D - MONTECITO AND 4E - SANTA BARBARA) |
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 2 to the Cooperative Agreement (05-0347) with Caltrans for the pre-construction phases of the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara Project – Segments 4D and 4E. The total Agreement amount is decreased by $453,000 to be revised to $26,037,000, including local funds in the amount of $19,849,000 from Measure A. The Board must approve additional contributions of Measure A funds for this Project, if required.
Amendment No.2 to Cooperative Agreement (05-0347) with Caltrans
DRAFT MEASURE A PROGRAM OF PROJECTS|
Hold a public hearing to review and comment on Draft Measure A Program of Projects for Fiscal Years 2021/22 to 2025/26.
REGIONAL EARLY ACTION PLANNING GRANTS PROGRAM|
Receive a presentation from Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments (AMBAG) staff on the local employment of Regional Early Action Planning Grants.
HIGHWAY 101 PROJECT UPDATE|
Receive a presentation on the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara project construction and pre-construction activities.
Highway 101 Project Update - PowerPoint Presentation
HR 133 FUNDING FOR HIGHWAY 101 HIGH OCCUPANCY VEHICLE PROJECT AND
LOCAL AGENCY PROJECTS|
A. Receive presentation on availability of Federal Transportation Funding.
B. Approve programming of $4.7 million in Federal HR133 Funding to Highway 101: Santa Barbara and Montecito Segments for submittal and approval by California Transportation Commission and programming of $2.04 million in Surface Transportation Program (STP) Reserve funding for local agencies using the Local Surface Transportation Program Formula.
Public Comment Letter
|9.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|10.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects.
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update|
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101.
LOSSAN (Pacific Surfliner) Board Meeting – May 17, 2021 (Director Hart)
Technical Transportation Advisory Committee Draft/Technical Planning Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
Public Employee Performance Evaluation (Gov. Code section 54957(b)(1).)
• Executive Director
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, June 17, 2021 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|