SBCAG BOARD MEETING AGENDA
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA TELECONFERENCE WEBINAR
WITH REMOTE VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION ONLY
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to 250 words, or less. Please follow instructions at the top of this agenda.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve the minutes from the February 18, 2021 Board of Directors meeting.
A SOUTH COAST SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL, BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN PROGRAM|
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a Third Amendment to the Measure A South Coast Safe Routes to School, Bicycle and Pedestrian Program Cycle 3 Cooperative Agreement with the City of Santa Barbara for a project description change to the Green Lane Route and Intersection Markings for New Bicycle Master Plan Spine Project including a $93,212 reduction in Measure A funding for a revised amount of $377,669 without a change to the timely use of funds deadline of December 30, 2021.
Third Amendment to the Cooperative Agreement with the City of Santa Barbara
|C. LOW CARBON TRANSIT
OPERATIONS PROGRAM ALLOCATIONS|
1. Adopt Resolution 21 – 04 approving allocation requests for Fiscal Year 2020/21 Low Carbon Transit Operations program (LCTOP);
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, or designee, to execute documents and amendments required by Caltrans to secure LCTOP funds for use and distribution; and
3. Approve and authorize SBCAG staff to act as authorized agents in accordance with LCTOP guidelines.
City of Santa Maria Allocation Requests
City of Lompoc Allocation Requests
SBCAG Allocation Requests
Santa Barbara MTD Allocation Requests
FEDERAL INFRASTRUCTURE FOR REBUILDING AMERICA (INFRA) GRANT APPLICATION
FOR U.S. 101 HOV PROJECT|
Authorize staff to submit a funding grant application to the Federal Department of Transportation for the Federal Infrastructure for Rebuilding America discretionary grant program for the U.S. 101 High Occupancy Vehicle lane project Segments 4D and 4E.
Public Comment letter
MEASURE A 2020 ANNUAL REPORT
Receive and file the Measure A 2020 Annual Report.
HIGHWAY 101: CARPINTERIA TO
SANTA BARBARA (SEGMENTS 4A TO 4E) |
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 4 to the Agreement with Point C, LLC, for corridor advisor services for the Highway101 corridor of projects, to increase funding by $120,000 for a total amount not to exceed $610,000 and to extend the period of performance for an additional two years through June 30, 2023.
Amendment No. 4 to Agreement with PointC, LLC
HIGHWAY 101/MILPAS STREET
1. Adopt Resolution 21-06 (Attachment A) amending the FY 2020-21 Overall Work Program (OWP) and Budget (Amendment 5) to reflect unanticipated expenditures and to reflect the use of Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) Highway 101 reserve funds for the Milpas Street Southbound Off-Ramp Operational Improvement Projects; andMemorandum of Understanding
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to execute these amendments to the OWP and Budget; and
3. After adoption of Resolution 21-06, approve and authorize the Chair to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Santa Barbara to perform work to complete environmental, preliminary design, coastal permitting and right of way for the Milpas Project for a total not to exceed $395,000 for the period of performance from the date executed through March 31, 2023; and
4. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to make administrative adjustments to individual project budgets such that the total budget is not exceeded pursuant to MOU Section 5.c., and to make administrative amendments in accordance with MOU Section 28.
FY 21/22 CLEAN AIR EXPRESS
TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPMENT ACT CLAIM|
Adopt Resolution No. 21-08, authorizing execution of FY 2021-2022 Clean Air Express Transportation Development Act (TDA) claim form and any required claim amendments.
Clean Air Express FY 2021/22 TDA Claim
FY 2019-20 FINANCIAL REPORTS|
FY 2020-21 OVERALL WORK PROGRAM
(OWP) BUDGET AMENDMENT #6|
1. Adopt Resolution 21-09 (Attachment A) amending the FY 2020-21 Overall Work Program (OWP) and Budget (Amendment #6) to reflect final fiscal year FTA 5303/FHWA PL allocations.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to execute this amendment to the OWP and Budget.
2022 STATE HIGHWAY OPERATIONS
AND PROTECTION PROGRAM|
Receive and file letter from California Department of Transportation on the 2022 State Highway Operations and Protection Program and three-year Project Initiation Document (PID) Work Plan.
Letter from Caltrans District 5 and attached tables
SB1 STATE OF GOOD REPAIR
PROGRAM OF PROJECTS APPROVAL |
Adopt Resolution 21-05 approving the four-year Program of Projects for Fiscal Year’s 2021/22 – 2024/25 and authorizing the Executive Director to take any actions necessary for the purpose of obtaining State Transit Assistance State of Good Repair funds provided by the California Department of Transportation.
REGIONAL HOUSING NEEDS
Adopt Resolution 21-03 (Attachment A) adopting the 6th Cycle Regional Housing Needs Allocation distribution methodology for the SBCAG region enabling staff to distribute draft housing need allocations to local agencies and to begin the required 45-day appeals period.
Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA) Methodology Power Point
Public Comment letter
|6.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|7.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects.
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update|
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101.
LOSSAN (Pacific Surfliner) Board Meeting – March 15, 2021 (Director Hart).
Technical Transportation Advisory Committee Draft/Technical Planning Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS
(Government Code section 54956.8)
Property: Assessor Parcel Number 117-191-005 located at intersection of Black Road and Hwy 166 in the unincorporated area of Santa Barbara.
Agency Negotiators: Marjie Kirn, Executive Director and Fred Luna, Director of Project Delivery and Construction
Negotiating Party: The Vecchioli Family Sub Trust
Under Negotiation: Price and terms of payment.
HIGHWAY 166/BLACK ROAD INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENTS|
Adopt Resolution 21-07 authorizing the Executive Director to execute a real property purchase agreement with the property owner and to execute utility notices and/or agreements from March 18, 2021 to December 31, 2022 for the benefit of Highway 166/Black Road Intersection Improvements Project. Total compensation for these agreements in aggregate shall not exceed $50,000. Final agreements to be reviewed and approved by legal counsel.
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, April 15, 2021 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|