SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
105 E. Anapamu St, 4th floor
Santa Barbara, CA
Thursday, March 19, 2020
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently
as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve the minutes from the February 20, 2020 board of directors meeting.
LOW CARBON TRANSIT OPERATIONS PROGRAM ALLOCATIONS
1. Adopt Resolution 20-04 approving allocation requests for Fiscal Year 2019/20 Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP);
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, or designee, to execute documents and amendments required by Caltrans to secure LCTOP funds for use and distribution; and
3. Approve and authorize SBCAG staff to act as authorized agents in accordance with LCTOP guidelines.
SBCAG Clean Air Express Free Pass Program
SBCAG Train Subsidy Program
Santa Barbara MTD
City of Santa Maria
BUILD GRANT APPLICATION FOR U.S. 101 HOV PROJECT |
Authorize staff to submit a funding grant application for the Federal Better Utilizing Investments to Leverage Development (BUILD) Transportation discretionary grant program for the U.S. 101 High Occupancy Vehicle lane project Segments 4D and 4E.
|D. AMENDMENT TO THE 2019 FEDERAL
TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM |
Adopt Resolution 20-03 amending the 2019 Federal Transportation Improvement Program through Formal Amendment No. 13 to program Federal Transit Administration (FTA) 5311 to an individually listed project from the City of Santa Maria.
HIGHWAY 101: CARPINTERIA TO SANTA BARBARA (SEGMENT 4C) |
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with Mark Thomas Company for the design phase of the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara Project - Segment 4C to increase the cost by $878,500 for a total amount not to exceed $7,210,000 and to amend the period of performance from July 1, 2017 through December 31, 2021; and
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to, in accordance with the Agreement: suspend work for convenience (§ 33), and make immaterial amendments (§ 34), upon review and concurrence with legal counsel.
Amendment No. 1 with Mark Thomas Company
|F. MEASURE A NORTH COUNTY
SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL, BICYCLE & PEDESTRIAN PROGRAM |
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a cooperative agreement with the City of Solvang for Cycle 2 of the North County Measure A Safe Routes to School, Bicycle and Pedestrian and Program for the construction phase of the Fifth Street Sidewalk project in an amount not to exceed $168,000 with a timely use of funds deadline of June 30, 2021.
Measure A Cooperative Agreement with City of Solvang
MEASURE A 2019 ANNUAL REPORT|
Receive and file the Measure A 2019 Annual Report.
Measure A 2019 Annual Report
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY TRANSIT
ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP APPOINTMENT|
Appoint Brittany Heaton as the Santa Barbara County Transit Advisory Committee (SBCTAC) representative for the County of Santa Barbara.
|I. ELECTRONIC PAYMENT
Adopt Resolution 20-06 authorizing SBCAG to accept credit cards, debit cards or electronic fund transfers and to impose certain fees for the use of a credit or debit card or electronic fund transfers not to exceed the cost incurred by SBCAG.
FUNDING AGREEMENT WITH MTD|
1. Approve and authorize the use of $1,400,000 in Measure A funds to implement local and regional transit service components of the Transportation Management Program for the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara project: Segments 4A to 4C;
2. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an agreement with Santa Barbara MTD to fund local transit service as part of the US 101 HOV Transportation Management Program, for the term August 1, 2020 to August 21, 2022, with a not to exceed amount of $600,000; and
3. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to, in accordance with the Agreement, extend the term of the agreement for up to an additional two years through August 2024 (§4), suspend performance (§ 29), and make immaterial amendments (§31), upon review and concurrence with legal counsel.
Funding Agreement with MTD
SANTA CLAUS LANE CLASS I BIKEWAY PROJECT|
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Cooperative Agreement (05-0361) with Caltrans for the PS&E and RW phases of the Santa Claus Lane Class I Bikeway Project. The total Agreement amount is $1,029,600, including SBCAG’s contribution of $619,600 in Measure A funds. The Board must approve additional contributions of Measure A funds for this Segment, if required.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to, in accordance with the Agreement, make immaterial amendments that would not result in an increase in funding and based upon review and concurrence with legal counsel.
Cooperative Agreement 05-0361 with Caltrans
APPOINTMENT TO THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Appoint a Director to serve on the Executive Committee to represent the North County.
A. Receive an update from the County of Santa Barbara on the Census 2020 Complete Count effort; and
B. Adopt Resolution 20-05 recognizing the importance of the 2020 U.S. Census in support of helping to ensure a complete, fair, and accurate count of all Californians.
Informational Sample of U.S. Census Bureau Letter Invitation (English/Spanish)
Informational Sample of U.S. Census Bureau Questionnaire (English)
MEASURE A STRATEGIC PLAN|
A. Receive presentation on development of 2020 Measure A Strategic Plan and policy items for consideration and provide feedback to staff.
B. Receive presentation on SBCAG’s exploration of a Federal Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan and authorize staff to provide the Federal Build America Bureau with required additional documents and necessary fees to proceed with securing a loan.
REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION PLAN – SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES STRATEGY SCENARIO
Approve the suite of scenarios shown in Attachment A for consideration as the region’s Connected 2050 Regional Transportation Plan-Sustainable Communities Strategy, satisfying SB 375 (Steinberg, 2008) and all assuming a continuation of a regional transportation sales tax extending to at least 2050.
Connected 2050 Project Lists – Interim
|9.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|10.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects.
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update|
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101.
LOSSAN (Pacific Surfliner) Board Meeting – March 16, 2020 (Director Hart)
A. Technical Transportation Advisory Committee Draft/Technical Planning Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
B. Caltrans response letter – February 20, 2020 SBCAG Board meeting
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, April 16, 2020 beginning at 10:00 a.m. in Santa Maria.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|