SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
SBCAG Board Meeting
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
511 E. Lakeside Parkway
Santa Maria, CA
Thursday, February 20, 2020
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently
as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
|4.||APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR |
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve the minutes from the January 16, 2020 Board of Directors meeting.
CLEAN AIR EXPRESS AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY OF SANTA MARIA
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an agreement with the City of Santa Maria to facilitate the transfer of seventeen buses from the Antelope Valley Transit Authority to the City of Santa Maria for use in the Clean Air Express service with an annual amount not to exceed $100,000 to reimburse City for its direct costs.
Agreement with the City of Santa Maria
C. FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION SECTION 5311 PROGRAM
1. Adopt Resolution 20-01 (Attachment B) approving the Program of Projects for Federal Transit Administration Section 5311 non-urbanized area transit funds in Santa Barbara County for Federal Fiscal Year 2019/20.
2. Authorize the Executive Director, or designee, to submit and sign and additional documents such as certificates and assurances to accept Section 5311 fund allocations.
FTA Section 5311 Program of Projects – Federal Fiscal Year 2019/20
INFRASTRUCTURE FOR REBUILDING AMERICA GRANT APPLICATION FOR U.S. 101 HOV
Authorize staff to submit a funding grant application for the Federal Infrastructure for Rebuilding America discretionary grant program for the U.S. 101 High Occupancy Vehicle lane project Segments 4D and 4E.
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING WITH THE ASSOCIATION OF MONTEREY
BAY AREA GOVERNMENTS |
Upon determination of the final allocation amount, approve and authorize the Executive Director to execute a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments (AMBAG) defining roles and responsibilities associated with the administration of the Assembly Bill 101 housing planning and production grant program authorizing SBCAG to request an allocation amount up to $2,400,000 with a term end date of March 31, 2025.
Memorandum of Understanding with the Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments
SANTA CLAUS LANE CLASS I BIKEWAY PROJECT
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an Agreement with MNS Engineers for the plans, specifications & estimates (PS&E) phase and the right of way (RW) phase which includes right of way and utility coordination, and permitting of the Santa Claus Lane Class I Bikeway project for a total amount not to exceed $803,100 with a period of performance from February 21, 2020 through December 31, 2022;
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to, in accordance with the Agreement: extend the period of performance for up to one additional year (§ 4.b.), suspend work for convenience (§ 33), make immaterial amendments (§ 34), and issue Task Orders (Exhibit A), upon review and concurrence with legal counsel.
3. Adopt Resolution 20-02 approving Cooperative Agreement (05-0361) with California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the Santa Claus Lane Class I Bikeway Project and acknowledge appropriation of Measure A funds; and
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Cooperative Agreement (05-0361) with Caltrans for the PS&E and RW phases of the Santa Claus Lane Class I Bikeway Project. The total Agreement amount is $1,029,600, including SBCAG’s contribution of $619,600 in Measure A funds. The Board must approve additional contributions of Measure A funds for this Segment, if required.
Agreement with MNS Engineers
Cooperative Agreement 05-0361 with Caltrans
HIGHWAY 101 HOV: CARPINTERIA TO SANTA BARBARA (SEGMENT 4A) |
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 1 to the Cooperative Agreement (05-0351) with Caltrans for the construction phase of the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara Project - Segment 4A. The total Agreement amount is to be revised to $117,228,00, including SBCAG’s contribution of $24,120,000 in local funds comprised of $16,000,000 from SB1 Trade Corridor Enhancement Program (TCEP) funds, $3,620,000 from the State Transportation Improvement Program - Regional Program (STIP/RIP) funds, $3,900,000 Highway 101 reserve of Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) and $600,000 from Measure A.
Amendment No. 1 to Cooperative Agreement 05-0351 with Caltrans
HIGHWAY 101: CARPINTERIA TO SANTA BARBARA (SEGMENTS 4A TO 4E) |
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement with Ayars and Associates for public information and community outreach services for the Highway 101: Linden Casitas Pass Project and the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara Project (Segments 4A and 4E) to increase the cost by $80,000 for a total not to exceed $730,000 without a change in the period of performance from June 27, 2017 to June 30, 2023.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to, in accordance with the Agreement, to suspend performance (§ 33), and to make immaterial amendments (§ 34), upon review and concurrence with legal counsel.
Amendment No. 3 to Agreement with Ayars & Associates
2020 CALIFORNIA SAFETY PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT TARGET |
Elect to support the 2020 Caltrans statewide safety performance management targets.
Safety Performance Management Targets for 2020
LETTER OF CONGRATULATIONS TO MR. MITCH WEISS
Authorize the Chair to sign a letter of congratulations for Mr. Mitch Weiss on his appointment as Executive Director to the California Transportation Commission.
PEAK HOUR RAIL FUNDING
Approve and authorize the Executive Director to finalize and execute an agreement with LOSSAN substantially similar to the attached draft agreement, for the term April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021, not to exceed $1,861,880 annually, subject to review and approval by County Counsel.
Draft Funding Agreement With LOSSAN
2020 TRANSIT NEEDS ASSESSMENT
A. Receive a presentation on the 2020 Transit Needs Assessment process.
B. Accept a memorandum documenting the 2020 Transit Needs Assessment process and direct staff to submit it to Caltrans Division of Mass Transit.
2020 Transit Needs Assessment Memorandum
APPOINTMENT TO CALIFORNIA TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION |
Authorize submittal of SBCAG letter of support to Governor’s Office for appointment of Mr. David Lea to California Transportation Commission.
|7.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS |
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
REPORT General Update |
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major project
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update |
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101.
LOSSAN (Pacific Surfliner) Board Meeting – February 18, 2020 (Director Hart)
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, March 19, 2020 beginning at 10:00 a.m. in Santa Barbara.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|