SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
SBCAG Board Meeting
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
511 E. Lakeside Parkway
Santa Maria, CA
Thursday, December 19, 2019
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently
as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
|4.||APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR |
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE FOR 2020
Approve the SBCAG Board of Directors regular meeting schedule for 2020.
C. CLEAN AIR EXPRESS FARE POLICY
Approve an update to the Clean Air Express Fare Adjustment policy.
|D. CLEAN AIR EXPRESS
PARK AND RIDE LOT LEASE |
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a Lease Agreement with the City of Santa Maria to use the Hagerman Softball Complex as a park and ride lot for the Clean Air Express service for $2,500 per month with a term three years, and the possibility of two, three year renewals.
Lease with City of Santa Maria for use of Hagerman Softball Facility
CLEAN AIR EXPRESS AGREEMENT WITH THE ANTELOPE VALLEY TRANSIT AUTHORITY |
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an Agreement with the Antelope Valley Transit Authority to obligate SBCAG to fund the depreciated value and receive seventeen buses between now and July 1, 2021 that will be transferred to the City of Santa Maria for use in the Clean Air Express service.
Agreement with Antelope Valley Transit Authority
FY 2019-20 OVERALL WORK PROGRAM
(OWP) AND BUDGET AMENDMENT #4 |
1. Adopt Resolution 19-48 (Attachment A) amending the FY 2019-20 Overall Work Program (OWP) and Budget (Amendment #4) to reflect the usage of additional Measure A funds for professional services and construction related to implementation of various segments of the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara projects.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to execute this amendment to the OWP and Budget.
HIGHWAY 101 HOV (SEGMENT
4A): COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT WITH CALTRANS|
1. Adopt Resolution 19-47 approving Cooperative Agreement (05-0351) with Caltrans for the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara Project – Segment 4A and acknowledge appropriation of funds; and
2. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Cooperative Agreement (05-0351) with Caltrans for the construction phase of the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara Project - Segment 4A. The total Agreement amount is $109,960,000, including SBCAG’s contribution of $23,490,000 in local funds comprised of $1,170,000 from the Highway 101 reserve of Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP), $2,700,000 from Highway Improvement Program (HIP) funds, $16,000,000 from SB1 Trade Corridor Enhancement Program (TCEP) funds, and $3,620,000 from the State Transportation Improvement Program Regional Improvement (STIP/RIP) program funds; and
3. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to execute amendments to the funding summary pursuant to Article 18 of the Agreement that will increase State Highway Operation and Protection Program (SHOPP) funds, OR, shift funding contributions between non-SHOPP funding lines and between construction support and construction capital so long as it does not result in an increase to the overall funding contribution by SBCAG, upon review and concurrence by legal counsel. The Board must approve contributions from additional funding sources, such as Measure A, if required.
Cooperative Agreement 05-0351 with Caltrans
HIGHWAY 101: CARPINTERIA TO
SANTA BARBARA (SEGMENTS 4A TO 4E)|
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement with Stantec for hydraulic and hydrological support including coordination with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for improvements on part of the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara Project. Increase the amount by $200,000 for a revised total not to exceed $800,000, and extend the period of performance two years additional years beyond current date to June 30, 2022.
FINAL SANTA BARBARA U.S. 101
MULTIMODAL CORRIDOR PLAN |
Adopt Santa Barbara U.S. 101 Multimodal Corridor Plan and delegate authority to Executive Director to approve administrative edits to the Corridor Plan prior to submittal to the California Transportation Commission.
Final Santa Barbara U.S. 101 Multimodal Corridor Plan
MEASURE A FY 2020/21
Approve Measure A revenue estimates for Fiscal Years 2020/21 to 2024/25.
SANTA BARBARA CALL BOX REMOVAL PLAN
A. Acting as the Santa Barbara County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies (SAFE), approve the Call Box Removal Plan;
B. Direct SBCAG Staff to submit the Call Box Removal Plan to the California Highway Patrol and Caltrans as required under Streets and Highways Code section 2557(d)(2); and
C. Direct SBCAG Staff to submit a CEQA Notice of Exemption for the call box removal project which falls under a Class 1 Categorical Exemption.
Santa Barbara County Call Box Removal Plan
2020 MEASURE A STRATEGIC PLAN
Receive an update and give staff direction on the request of the Measure A Citizens Oversight Committee and provide direction on development of Measure A Strategic Plan.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS FOR 2020
Elect Board Chair and Vice-Chair for 2020.
|9.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS |
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
REPORT General Update |
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major project
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update |
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101 and Highway 192 due to the Thomas Fire mudslides.
Coast Rail Coordinating Council Policy Committee Meeting – Dec. 13 (Director Murillo)
TThe next Board meeting will be on Thursday, January 16, 2020 beginning at 10:00 a.m. in Santa Barbara.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|