SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Thursday, July 19, 2018
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
511 E. Lakeside Parkway
Santa Maria, CA
Print Version of Agenda
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local Transportation Authority.
Persons may address the SBCAG Board either in person or by using the remote video testimony system located at the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, 105 East Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara, CA. Persons may address the SBCAG Board on any matter listed on the agenda by completing and delivering to the Clerk a speaker slip before the item is considered. Matters not listed on the agenda may be addressed during the public comment item on the agenda. Further information on agenda items can be obtained in the SBCAG Office, 260 North San Antonio Rd., Suite B, Santa Barbara. The time shown on the agenda for the duration of agenda items are estimates. The SBCAG board may consider items out of sequence at the discretion of the Chair. Any disclosable public records related to an open session item on a regular meeting agenda and distributed by the Board Clerk to all or a majority of the members of the SBCAG Board less than 72 hours prior to that meeting are available for inspection in the SBCAG office and on the Internet at: http://www.sbcag.org/meetings.html
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact SBCAG at least three working days prior to the scheduled meeting.
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20 at 8:30 A.M. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 5:00 P.M. and Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
|4.||CONSENT CALENDAR (5 minutes)|
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
Approve the minutes from the June 21, 2018 board of directors meeting.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS) NEEDS ASSESSMENT |
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an Agreement (Attachment A)with Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo) to complete an agency-wide GIS Needs Assessment for SBCAG for the firm fixed price of $74,000 and delivery of documents no later than June 30, 2021.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to extend the time of performance in accordance with Section 4.B. of the agreement. Responsible staff: Michael Becker
FORWARD 2040 AMENDMENT NO. 1 |
1. After considering the environmental review documents (Addendum to the Supplemental Environmental Impact Report (SEIR) for Fast Forward 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) and Sustainable Communities Strategy (SCS) together with SEIR Fast Forward 2040 RTP-SCS, SCH #2012091050, certified by the Board August 2017), find that no subsequent environmental review document shall be prepared pursuant to the California Environmental quality Act guidelines Section 15162; and
2. Adopt resolution 18-17 approving Amendment No. 1 to the Fast Forward 2040 RTP-SCS.
SEIR for Fast Forward 2040
1. Adopt Resolution 18-22 (Attachment A) amending the FY 2018-19 Overall Work Program (OWP) and Budget to reflect the Santa Ynez Valley Traffic Circulation and Safety Study Grant Program funds awarded by Caltrans, to add tasks that reflect this new source of funding, to shift staffing levels between work elements and to reflect new professional service contracts.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to execute these amendments to the OWP and Budget.
SENATE BILL 1 LOCAL PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION
Authorize submittal of application to California Transportation Commission for Local Partnership Program Fiscal Year 2019/20 Formula funding.
HIGHWAY 101 HOV – SB1 BASELINE AGREEMENT |
Approve and authorize the Executive Director to execute a baseline funding agreement as attached, or with minor modifications and County Counsel Office concurrence, with the California Transportation Commission (CTC) to receive funds awarded for the implementation of the Highway 101 Multimodal Corridor project from Cycle 1 of the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017 (SB1 Funding).
101/LINDEN CASITAS – TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM |
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 1 to Agreement 05-0303 with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for Transportation Management Program (TMP) services during the construction phase of the Highway 101 Linden Casitas project to increase the value of services provided by SBCAG by $180,000 for a total reimbursement to SBCAG of $1,130,000.
FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION (FTA) 5311 FUNDING
1. Adopt Resolution 18-20 (Attachment B) approving the Program of Projects for Federal Transit Administration Section 5311 non-urbanized area transit funds in Santa Barbara County for Federal Fiscal Year 2018/19.
2. Authorize the Executive Director, or designee, to submit and sign and additional documents such as certificates and assurances to accept Section 5311 fund allocations.
FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM AMENDMENT
1. Amend the 2017 Federal Transportation Improvement Program to add Appendix 11 on Performance Measures.
2. After adoption of Resolution 18-20, adopt Formal Amendment #15 and adopt Resolution 18-21 (Attachment H) amending the 2017 Federal Transportation Improvement Program.
MANAGEMENT PROGRAM ASSESSMENT (10 minutes) |
Direct SBCAG staff to pursue becoming exempt from the Congestion Management Program Assessment pursuant to Government Code section 65088.3, including coordinating with all member jurisdictions.
SENATE BILL 1 (SB1) UPDATE (10 minutes) |
Receive update on Senate Bill 1 funding activities for Santa Barbara County
|7.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS (10 minutes) |
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|8.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update (10 minutes) |
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects.
CALTRANS DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update (10 minutes) |
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101 and Highway 192 due to the Thomas Fire and January 9th debris flow.
LOSSAN (Pacific Surfliner) Board Meeting – July 16, 2018 (Director Murillo)
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, September 20 beginning at 10:00 a.m. in Santa Maria.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|