SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
105 E. Anapamu Street, 4th Floor
Print Version of Agenda
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local Transportation Authority.
Persons may address the SBCAG Board either in person or by using the remote video testimony system located at the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, 511 E. Lakeside Parkway, Santa Maria, CA. Persons may address the SBCAG Board on any matter listed on the agenda by completing and delivering to the Clerk a speaker slip before the item is considered. Matters not listed on the agenda may be addressed during the public comment item on the agenda. Further information on agenda items can be obtained in the SBCAG Office, 260 North San Antonio Rd., Suite B, Santa Barbara. The time shown on the agenda for the duration of agenda items are estimates. The SBCAG board may consider items out of sequence at the discretion of the Chair. Any disclosable public records related to an open session item on a regular meeting agenda and distributed by the Board Clerk to all or a majority of the members of the SBCAG Board less than 72 hours prior to that meeting are available for inspection in the SBCAG office and on the Internet at: http://www.sbcag.org/meetings.html
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact SBCAG at least three working days prior to the scheduled meeting.
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 5:00 P.M. and Monday, February 19, 2018 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve the minutes from the January 18, 2018 board of directors meeting.
SANTA YNEZ VALLEY TRAFFIC CIRCULATION AND SAFETY STUDY GRANT APPLICATION
Authorize staff to submit an application for a Caltrans Transportation Planning Grant requesting $300,000 to procure consultant services to complete a Santa Ynez Valley Traffic Circulation and Safety Study.
2017-18 OVERALL WORK PROGRAM AMENDMENTS |
1. Adopt a resolution 18-08 (Attachment A) amending the FY 2017-18 Overall Work Program (OWP) and Budget to reflect SB 1 Adaptation Planning Grant Program funds awarded by Caltrans, to add tasks that reflect this new source of funding, to shift staffing levels between work elements and to reflect new professional service contracts.
2. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an agreement (Attachment B) with the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians related to the fiscal management of a Caltrans grant award.
3. Approve and authorize Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to execute these amendments to the OWP and Budget.
A FY 2018/19 REVENUE ESTIMATES |
Approve Measure A revenue estimates for Fiscal Years 2018/19 to 2022/23.
CARPINTERIA CREEK SHUTTLE EASY LIFT CONTRACT AND BUDGET
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 2 with Easy Lift, Inc. to increase the not to exceed amount from $200,000 to $250,000 to provide Carpinteria Creek Shuttle service until the temporary bike path connection is open for use in March 2018.
2. Adopt resolution 18-09 amending the FY 2017-2018 Overall Work Program (OWP) and Budget to add funding to the US 101 Corridor Transportation Management (TMP) for work element (3872) to reflect support services for the continued operation of the Carpinteria Creek Shuttle and to provide for vanpool incentives.
3. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to execute the amendments to the OWP and Budget.
2018 COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS |
Appoint newly appointed SBCAG Director Cathy Murillo to serve as alternate on the LOSSAN Rail Corridor Agency, the Coastal Rail Coordinating Council and a member of the Coastal Express Policy Committee.
|G. MOU WITH SBMTD FOR PEAK HOUR PACIFIC SURFLINER RAIL
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District to implement connecting local transit service to support peak hour Pacific Surfliner rail service in an amount not to exceed $750,000 for a period of March 1, 2018 through June 30, 2021.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to extend the term of the agreement for up to one additional year, to extend service beyond the Billable Time under Section 4., and to adjust operations for holidays pursuant to Section 1.I.
RECOGNIZE DIRECTOR HELENE SCHNEIDER (No staff report)|
Recognize former Director Helene Schneider for her years of service on the SBCAG Board.
2018 TRANSIT NEEDS ASSESSMENT (10 minutes)|
Receive a presentation on the 2018 Transit Needs Assessment process and draft findings. Provide input to staff.
Draft 2018 Transit Needs Assessment for Santa Barbara County
|7.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS (10 minutes) |
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|8.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT (10 minutes) |
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects.
DIRECTOR’S REPORT (10 minutes) |
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, including recent cleanup of Highway 101 due to the Thomas Fire mudslides.
US 101 Montecito Flood & Mudslide - January 9-21, 2018 (Power Point)
CRCC Policy Meeting – January 19, 2018 (Director Hartmann)
Pacific Surfliner Board Meeting – January 29, 2018 (Director Bennett)
|12.||RECESS TO CLOSED SESSION (30 minutes)|
A. Conference with labor negotiators (Government Code section 54957.6(a).)
Employee: Executive Director. Agency-designated representatives: SBCAG Board of Directors Chair Joan Hartmann and Chief Assistant County Counsel Rachel Van Mullem.
B. Public employee appointment / re-appointment (Government Code section 54957 (b)(1).) - Executive Director.
|13.||RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION|
The next Board meeting will be on March 15, 2018 in Santa Maria beginning at 10:00 a.m.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|