SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Thursday, April 19, 2018
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
511 E. Lakeside Parkway
Santa Maria, CA
Print Version of Agenda
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local Transportation Authority.
Persons may address the SBCAG Board either in person or by using the remote video testimony system located at the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, 105 East Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara, CA. Persons may address the SBCAG Board on any matter listed on the agenda by completing and delivering to the Clerk a speaker slip before the item is considered. Matters not listed on the agenda may be addressed during the public comment item on the agenda. Further information on agenda items can be obtained in the SBCAG Office, 260 North San Antonio Rd., Suite B, Santa Barbara. The time shown on the agenda for the duration of agenda items are estimates. The SBCAG board may consider items out of sequence at the discretion of the Chair. Any disclosable public records related to an open session item on a regular meeting agenda and distributed by the Board Clerk to all or a majority of the members of the SBCAG Board less than 72 hours prior to that meeting are available for inspection in the SBCAG office and on the Internet at: http://www.sbcag.org/meetings.html
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact SBCAG at least three working days prior to the scheduled meeting.
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 5:00 P.M. and Monday, April 23, 2018 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
|4.||CONSENT CALENDAR ( 5 minutes)|
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES|
Approve minutes from the March 15, 2018 board of directors meeting.
SBCAG – CALTRANS MOU ADDENDUM
1. Adopt Resolution 18-14 to amend the 2017 California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Comprehensive Federal and State Transportation Planning and Programming to include new roles and responsibilities as related to performance measure monitoring and reporting in support of the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21).
2. Approve and authorize the SBCAG Chair to execute the MOU Addendum to the 2017 Caltrans MOU for Comprehensive Federal and State Transportation Planning and Programming.
FTA 5307 CALL FOR PROJECTS AND
FTIP PROGRAMMING |
1. Adopt projects selected for funding from the FY 2017 FTA 5307 Call for Projects for the cities of Lompoc, Santa Maria, and the Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District.
2. Adopt Formal Amendment #14 and adopt a resolution amending the 2017 Federal Transportation Improvement Program to program FTA Section 5307 and Highway Bridge Program funding to projects in Santa Barbara County.
Highway Bridge Program Listing
HIGHWAY 166: CHANGEABLE MESSAGE SIGNS|
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute a MOU with the San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG) and the Kern Council of Governments (KERNCOG) for the purchase of changeable message signs (CMS) for the Highway 166 corridor at a cost not to exceed $40,000 from the SAFE fund and included in the FY 17/18 budget.
2. After approval of the MOU with KERNCOG and SLOCOG, approve and authorize the Chair to execute a MOU with Caltrans and the California Highway Patrol (CHP) for the use, maintenance and storage two changeable message signs (CMS) for the Highway 166 Corridor.
HIGHWAY 246 PASSING LANES
1. Authorize and approve the chair of the SBCAG board to sign an amendment to the Caltrans Cooperative Agreement No. 05-0283 for the right of way phase of the project to identify a reduction in SBCAG’s deposit of Measure A funds and to return those funds to SBCAG in the amount of $250,000.
2. Authorize and approve the chair of the SBCAG board to sign an amendment to the Caltrans Cooperative Agreement No. 05-0294 for the post-construction landscaping phase of the project to increase SBCAG’s commitment of Measure A funds to the capital component in the amount of $94,000.
HIGHWAY 101/SANTA MARIA
RIVER BRIDGE: PROJECT CLOSEOUT REPORT |
Receive and approve the Highway 101/Santa Maria River Bridge Closeout Report, to close Measure A financial activity on this project.
|G. MEASURE A CITIZENS OVERSIGHT
COMMITTEE APPOINTMENT |
Receive recommendation from the North County Subregional Committee and appoint Laurie Tamura to fill the existing vacant north county position on the Measure A Citizens Oversight Committee.
|H. TRANSFER OF COACHES FROM THE
ANTELOPE VALLEY TRANSIT AUTHORITY |
Authorize the SBCAG Executive Director to negotiate and bring to the board for approval any agreements necessary to facilitate a Federal Asset Transfer of seventeen over the road coaches from the Antelope Valley Transit Authority to the City of Santa Maria for use in Clean Air Express service.
HIGHWAY 101 HOV: COOPERATIVE
AGREEMENT WITH CALTRANS |
1. Adopt Resolution 18-06 approving a cooperative agreement with Caltrans for the Highway 101 HOV improvements; and
2. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a cooperative agreement with Caltrans to contribute up to and not to exceed $700,000 in Measure A funds for advance Highway 101 HOV work that can be incorporated into the construction of the Highway 101 Linden Casitas Interchanges project via a contract change order; and
3. Find that the advance Highway 101 work to be completed under this cooperative agreement is included in the Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) No. 05-0N7000 and no subsequent EIR shall be prepared pursuant to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines section 15162, since shifting the timing of the work from Phase 4 to Phase 3 does not constitute a substantial change because the timing change does not add or increase environmental effects previously identified.
FY 2018-19 OVERALL WORK PROGRAM AND BUDGET
(15 minutes) |
A. Conduct a hearing to accept public comment on the FY 2018-19 Overall Work Program and Budget.
B. Adopt Resolution 18-15 approving the SBCAG Overall Work Program and Budget and a 3% Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for FY 2018-2019.
C. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to file and execute all necessary applications, Overall Work Program agreement with Caltrans, certifications, and assurances that may be required to receive the federal and state funds requested to finance the activities described in the Overall Work Program and Comprehensive Budget for fiscal year 2018-19.
Draft FY 2018-19 Overall Work Program and Budget
DRAFT MEASURE A PROGRAM OF PROJECTS (10 minutes)
GOLETA RAMP METERING STUDY (15 minutes)
Receive a presentation on the draft Goleta Ramp Metering Study and provide comments on the draft findings.
Goleta Ramp Metering Study – Draft Report
COAST RAIL COORDINATING COUNCIL APPOINTMENT (5 minutes)
Appoint a Director to replace Director Hartmann to serve as SBCAG representative to the Coast Rail Coordinating Council.
|9.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS (10 minutes) |
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|10.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT General
Update (10 minutes) |
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major projects.
DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update (10 minutes)|
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101 and Highway 192 due to the Thomas Fire mudslides.
|12.||COMMITTEE MEETINGS |
LOSSAN (Pacific Surfliner) Board Meetings – March 19, 2018 and March 29, 2018 (Director Bennett)
The next Board meeting will be on May 17, 2018 in Santa Maria beginning at 10:00 a.m.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|