SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
SBCAG Board Meeting
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
105 E. Anapamu St, 4th floor
Santa Barbara, CA
October 18, 2018
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently
as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
|4.||APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR (5 minutes)|
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve the minutes from the September 20, 2018 board of directors meeting.
FUNDING AGREEMENT WITH CALIFORNIA STATE TRANSPORTATION AGENCY
1. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to execute the Caltrans Master Agreement No. 64SBCAG (Attachment A) and to make the required certifications in the Master Agreement;
2. Adopt a resolution (Attachment B) delegating authority to the Executive Director to sign and execute Program Supplements, Cooperative/Contribution Agreements, Fund Exchange Agreements, Fund Transfer Agreements, and/or Amendments under Master Agreement No. 64SBCAG during the period of October 18, 2018 through October 1, 2021 so long as local matching funds neither exceed the amount annually appropriated by the Board in the Overall Work Program, nor exceed a cumulative amount of $30 million unless otherwise ordered by the Board.
2016-17 MEASURE A AUDITS |
Receive and file the Fiscal Year 2016-17 Measure A audit reports and management letter prepared by Moss, Levy & Hartzheim, LLP.
CLEAN AIR EXPRESS SHORT RANGE TRANSIT PLAN CONTRACT
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an Agreement (Attachment A) with Fehr & Peers for $100,000 to assist staff in developing a Short Range Transit Plan for the Clean Air Express service and for $250,000 to provide Regional Transit and Rail Planning and Integration for a total Agreement amount not to exceed $350,000 with a period of performance from October 18, 2018 through June 30, 2020; and
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to exercise the optional scope of work for Regional Transit and Rail Planning and Integration in accordance withAgreement Section 3.B; and
3. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to extend the period of performance for up to one year in accordance with Agreement Section 4.B.
ANNUAL FINANCIAL AND TDA TRIENNIAL PERFORMANCE AUDITS|
1. Approve and authorize the SBCAG Chair to execute an Agreement (Attachment 1) in the amount not to exceed $512,000 with Moss Levy and Hartzheim LLP for professional auditing services commencing with fiscal year ending June 30, 2019 with the option to renew up to four more years and to conduct a state-mandated triennial performance audit for fiscal years ending June 30, 2018 and June 30, 2021 and
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to extend performance of the period of performance for up to one year in accordance with Section 4.B.
BARBARA COUNTY TRANSIT ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP APPOINTMENTS|
Appoint Hillary Blackerby, Richard Fernbaugh, Jim Talbott, and Matt van der Linden to SBCTAC to fill vacant membership positions.
NORTHERN SANTA BARBARA
COUNTY INTERIM COASTAL TRAIL ALIGNMENT AND IMPROVEMENT STUDY CONSULTANT
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute an Agreement (Attachment A) with the Santa Barbara Trails Council to prepare a Northern Santa Barbara County Interim Coastal Trail Alignment and Improvement Study for a total amount not to exceed $80,000 with a period of performance from October 18, 2018 through June 20, 2021.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to extend the period of performance for up to one additional year in accordance with Section 4.B.
|H. FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION
IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM AMENDMENT |
Adopt Formal Amendment #17 and adopt a resolution amending the 2017 Federal Transportation Improvement Program to program funding for the U.S. 101 High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane project.
MEASURE A SAFE ROUTES TO
SCHOOL AND BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN PROGRAM |
Adopt guidelines for Cycle 4 of the Measure A South Coast Safe Routes to School and Bicycle and Pedestrian Programs and announce a call for projects.
Attachment C - Draft Measure A South Coast Regional Bike & Pedestrian Program Guidelines and Evaluation Criteria & Scoring Guidance
Attachment D - Draft Measure A South Coast Safe Routes to School Program Guidelines and Evaluation Criteria & Scoring Guidance.
HIGHWAY 246 PASSING LANES –
COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT |
Approve and authorize the Chair to execute Amendment No. 2 (Attachment A) to the Cooperative Agreement with California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the post-construction landscaping and monitoring phase of the project to increase SBCAG’s commitment of Measure A funds by an additional $95,000 for a total not to exceed $689,000.
CABRILLO UNDERPASS –
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING |
Approve and authorize the Chair of the SBCAG Board to execute Amendment No. 2 (Attachment A) to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the City of Santa Barbara for the detailed design, right of way, utility and railroad coordination phase of the Cabrillo Underpass project to allocate the remaining $257,243 in programmed funding for this project up to the maximum amount of available funding at $2,477,000 and to extend the period of performance for two years for a revised period of performance of April 1, 2016 through December 31, 2020.
MEASURE A CITIZENS’
Receive and file Citizens’ Oversight Committee letter regarding compliance with the provisions, requirements, and voter mandates specified in the Measure A Investment Plan and Ordinance Number Five.
RECOGNITION OF APPRECIATION FOR MIGUEL OBREGON PADILLA FREEWAY SERVICE PATROLMAN
Present a Recognition of Appreciation plaque to Freeway Service Patrolman Miguel O’Bregon Padilla, for his heroic act coming to the aid of a distressed motorist at an accident site on Highway 101.
MOBILITY AND SAFETY FOR ALL MODES |
Receive a presentation from SBCAG staff on Complete Streets and from City of Santa Barbara staff on the City’s Vision Zero Policy.
DRAFT REGIONAL GROWTH FORECAST |
Receive report on the Draft Regional Growth Forecast (RGF) for population, jobs and households for use in the SBCAG Regional Transportation Plan (RTP).
Draft Regional Growth Forecast
CALIFORNIA LOCAL STREETS AND ROADS NEEDS ASSESSMENT REPORT|
|9.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS (10 minutes)|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|10.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update
The Executive Director will report on activities and achievements of SBCAG staff, SBCAG job openings, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, and general status of SBCAG major project
DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT General Update (10 minutes) |
The District Director will report on Caltrans projects and repairs throughout the state, including Caltrans staff, projects and repairs in Santa Barbara County such as state highways, intersections and bridges, and provide any available updates on Highway 101 and Highway 192 due to the Thomas Fire mudslides.
B. CalVans Board Meeting – October 11, 2018 (Director Richardson)
A. Board Advance Calendar
B. Technical Transportation Advisory Committee Draft/Technical Planning Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, November 15, 2018 beginning at 10:00 a.m. in Santa Barbara.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|