SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local Transportation Authority.
Persons may address the SBCAG Board either in person or by using the remote video testimony system located at the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, 105 East Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara, CA. Persons may address the SBCAG Board on any matter listed on the agenda by completing and delivering to the Clerk a speaker slip before the item is considered. Matters not listed on the agenda may be addressed during the public comment item on the agenda. Further information on agenda items can be obtained in the SBCAG Office, 260 North San Antonio Rd., Suite B, Santa Barbara. The time shown on the agenda for the duration of agenda items are estimates. The SBCAG board may consider items out of sequence at the discretion of the Chair. Any disclosable public records related to an open session item on a regular meeting agenda and distributed by the Board Clerk to all or a majority of the members of the SBCAG Board less than 72 hours prior to that meeting are available for inspection in the SBCAG office and on the Internet at: http://www.sbcag.org/meetings.html
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact SBCAG at least three working days prior to the scheduled meeting.
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 5:00 P.M. and Monday, November 20, 2017 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
|4.||CONSENT CALENDAR (5 minutes)|
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES|
Approve minutes from the October 19, 2017 board of directors meeting.
|B. BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE FOR 2018|
Approve SBCAG Board of Directors regular meeting schedule for 2018.
AMENDMENT AND ADMINISTRATIVE MODIFICATION PROCEDURES FOR
FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM|
1. Accept delegated authority from Caltrans to approve administrative modifications to the Federal Transportation Improvement Program under 2011 Amendment and Administrative Modification Procedures.
2. Adopt Resolution 17-34 delegating authority to Executive Director to approve administrative modifications to the Federal Transportation Improvement Program on behalf of the Board.
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
1. Approve and adopt a Santa Barbara County Association of Governments Purchasing Policy; and
2. Adopt Resolution 17-39 designating the Executive Director, or designee, to act as SBCAG’s Purchasing Officer in accordance with SBCAG purchasing policy.
|E. 2017 FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM|
Adopt FTIP Amendment #11 and adopt a resolution to amend the 2017 Federal Transportation Improvement Program to program updates to the Highway Bridge Program grouped project listing and five individually listed projects.
AIRPORT LAND USE CONSULTANT CONTRACT|
That the SBCAG Board, acting as the Airport Land Use Commission:
1. Authorize the executive director to terminate the current contract and professional services agreement with ATAC Corporation.
2. Authorize the executive director to execute a consultant contract not to exceed $114,660 with (Environmental Science Associates (ESA) for completion of the update of the draft Airport Land Use Compatibility Plan and environmental review with a period of performance beginning November 16, 2017 and ending June 30, 2019.
3. Authorize the executive director to extend the time of performance for the Agreement with ESA in accordance with Section 4.B for a period of up to one additional year.
SANTA MARIA-SAN LUIS OBISPO TRANSIT/TRANSPORTATION
Accept the recommendations of the Santa Maria – San Luis Obispo Transit/Transportation Connectivity Study.
A. Santa Maria – San Luis Obispo Transportation Connectivity Study
B. Santa Maria – San Luis Obispo Transportation Connectivity Study Executive Summary
|H. FEDERAL TITLE VI AND DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS
Receive the 2017 Title VI Program and 2017 Draft Disadvantaged Enterprise Program updates to begin public comment period required by the US Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration and Caltrans.
A. 2017 Title VI Program (web posting only)
B. 2017 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program (web posting only)
BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE FOR 2017
Authorize cancellation of December 21, 2017 regular board meeting.
2018 REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
Adopt a resolution for the 2018 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (RTIP) programming to be submitted to the California Transportation Commission(CTC) for inclusion in the State Transportation Improvement Plan (STIP).
HIGHWAY 101 HOV PROJECT: CORRIDOR SUPPORT SERVICES
1. Approve and authorize the chair of the SBCAG board to sign a contract with Fehr & Peers for traffic support services related to the Highway 101 HOV project at a cost not to exceed $200,000 with the period of performance ending no later than December 31, 2019, unless otherwise authorized.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to extend the time of performance for up to one year in accordance with Section 4.b. of the contract with Fehr & Peers.
3. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to execute task orders in accordance with Exhibit A of the contract with Fehr & Peers up to a not to exceed amount of $200,000.
HIGHWAY 101: LINDEN CASITAS - TRANSPORTATION MGT
1. Approve the expenditure of up to $40,000 from the SAFE fund to purchase two changeable message signs (CMS) for the Linden Casitas project.
2. Approve and authorize the chair of the SBCAG board to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the California Department of Transportation District 5 for the use, maintenance and storage of two changeable message signs (CMS) for the Linden Casitas and future construction on Highway 101.
CABRILLO UNDERCROSSING MOU AMENDMENT NO. 1
Approve and authorize the Chair of the SBCAG board to sign Amendment No. 1 to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the City of Santa Barbara to increase the funding from $800,000 to $2,219,752 for work to complete detailed design, right of way, utilities and permitting for the Cabrillo Undercrossing project.
|N. SB1 STATE OF GOOD REPAIR PROGRAM CALL FOR PROJECTS
Approve project selection procedures, including call for projects schedule, scoring criteria and application, for SB1 State of Good Repair Program over the next four fiscal years (FY 17/18 – 20/21).
FOR PARK AND RIDE LOT LEASE AND CLEAN AIR EXPRESS BUS STORAGE |
Approve and authorize chair to sign an agreement with the City of Lompoc for City fees regarding the use of a City-owned parking lot to serve Clean Air Express customers and for costs to store Clean Air Express buses at the Lompoc airport.
|P. PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONTRACT FOR OUTSIDE COUNSEL
Approve, ratify, and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement for Professional Services with Oliver, Sandifer & Murphy to provide legal advice and representation in matters of condemnation of certain property for the term of October 1, 2017 to November 30, 2019 in an amount not to exceed $25,000.
AMENDMENT TO THE SBCAG BY LAWS
Approve an amendment to Article V, Section A of the SBCAG Bylaws to read as follows:
Officers of SBCAG shall be the Chair and Vice-Chair. They shall be elected by a majority vote of a quorum present at the regular December meeting each year last meeting held prior to the end of each calendar year. Each shall serve for one calendar year commencing on January First. Any officer may be re-elected for an additional one year term but may not serve more than two consecutive terms. If the person elected as the Chair is a city representative then the Vice-Chair shall be elected from among the County representatives and vice versa. The selection of the Chair and Vice-Chair shall alternate between the city and county representatives.
MEASURE A CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE |
Re-appoint Members of the Measure A Citizens Oversight Committee whose terms expire in 2017 to new four-year terms.
DRAFT SBCAG EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK/PERSONNEL POLICIES AND
Review and comment on the Draft SBCAG Employee Handbook/Policies and Procedures developed by Liebert, Cassidy, Whitmore, a law firm specializing in public sector employment law. SBCAG staff intend to present the final version of this document for approval at the January 18, 2018 SBCAG board meeting.
A. Draft SBCAG Employee Handbook/Policies and Procedures
CLEAN AIR EXPRESS CONTRACTOR AND FY 2017/18
BUDGET (10 minutes)|
1. Approve and authorize the chair to sign a contract with AmericanStar Trailways to operate the Clean Air Express service for the term of December 23, 2017 through June 30, 2020 unless otherwise agreed.
2. Adopt a resolution authorizing the Executive Director to amend the Fiscal Year 2017- 18 Overall Work Program and Comprehensive Budget and to establish a separate enterprise fund for the purpose of operating and administering the Clear Air Express service.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS FOR 2018 (5 minutes)|
Elect Board Chair and Vice-chair for 2018
|8.||ONE MINUTES REPORTS (10 minutes)|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities in their districts/cities.
|9.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S REPORT - General Update (10 minutes)|
|10.||CALTRANS DISTRICT DIRECTOR'S REPORT - General Update (10 minutes)|
CalVans Board meeting - November 9, 2017 (Director Richardson)
The next Board meeting will be on January 18, 2018 in Santa Maria.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|