SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Thursday, August 17, 2107
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
105 E. Anapamu Street, 4th Floor
Print Version of Agenda
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local Transportation Authority.
Persons may address the SBCAG Board either in person or by using the remote video testimony system located at the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, 105 East Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara, CA. Persons may address the SBCAG Board on any matter listed on the agenda by completing and delivering to the Clerk a speaker slip before the item is considered. Matters not listed on the agenda may be addressed during the public comment item on the agenda. Further information on agenda items can be obtained in the SBCAG Office, 260 North San Antonio Rd., Suite B, Santa Barbara. The time shown on the agenda for the duration of agenda items are estimates. The SBCAG board may consider items out of sequence at the discretion of the Chair. Any disclosable public records related to an open session item on a regular meeting agenda and distributed by the Board Clerk to all or a majority of the members of the SBCAG Board less than 72 hours prior to that meeting are available for inspection in the SBCAG office and on the Internet at: http://www.sbcag.org/meetings.html
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact SBCAG at least three working days prior to the scheduled meeting.
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 5:00 P.M. and Monday, August 21, 2017 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve minutes from the June 15, 2017 board of directors meeting.
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
|5.||CONSENT CALENDAR (5 minutes) |
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
MEASURE A CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT
Receive and file Citizens’ Oversight Committee letter regarding compliance with the provisions, requirements, and voter mandates specified in the Measure A Investment Plan and Ordinance Number Five.
|B. FY 2015-16 MEASURE A AUDITS|
Receive and file the Fiscal Year 15-16 Measure A audit reports and management letter prepared by Moss, Levy & Hartzheim, LLP.
MEASURE A MAINTENANCE
OF EFFORT AND ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION REQUIREMENTS|
Approve Measure A Maintenance of Effort expenditure requirements for FY 2017-18
SANTA CLAUS LANE CLASS I BIKE PATH PROJECT|
1. Approve, ratify, and authorize the Chair to execute a First Amendment to the Agreement with MNS Engineers, Inc. for the period October 17, 2013 to June 30, 2018 to complete project approval and environmental document for the Santa Claus Lane Class I Bike Path project; and
2. Authorize the Executive Director, or designee, to extend the time of performance in accordance with Section 4.b. of the Agreement.
CALTRANS MASTER AGREEMENT FOR
1. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to sign the Caltrans Master Agreement No. 05-6090F15 and to make the required certifications in the Master Agreement;
2.Adopt a resolution authorizing the Executive Director to sign Caltrans Master Agreement No. 05-6090F15 for federal-aid projects; and
3.Adopt a resolution delegating authority to the Executive Director to execute Program Supplements, Cooperative/Contribution Agreements, Fund Exchange Agreements, Fund Transfer Agreements, and/or Amendments under Master Agreement No. 05-6090F15 during the period of August 17, 2017 through August 31, 2027 so long as local matching funds nether exceed the amount annually appropriated by the Board in the Overall Work Program, nor exceed a cumulative amount of $3,000,000 million unless otherwise ordered by the Board.
|F. OASIS AIRPORT LAND USE PLAN
Acting as the Airport Land Use Commission, adopt findings for the OASIS Center Project (Attachment 1) and determine that the project is consistent with the adopted 1993 Airport Land Use Plan for Santa Barbara County.
HIGHWAY 101 HOV PROJECT|
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) No. MOU.3701.02.0 with the California Department of Transportation District 5 for the design, right of way and utility phases of the Highway 101: Carpinteria to Santa Barbara project; and
2. Find that the recommended action is not a project under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to section 15378 of the CEQA Guidelines.
TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM|
Adopt Amendment #9 to the 2017 Federal Transportation Improvement Program to program updates to two SHOPP grouped project listings (SHOPP Grouped Projects for Safety Improvements, Shoulder Improvements, Pavement Resurfacing and/or Rehabilitation – Minor Program and SHOPP Roadway Preservation Program).
MEASURE A NORTH COUNTY BICYCLE
AND PEDESTRIAN AND SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL PROGRAM|
Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a cooperative agreement with the City of Lompoc for SBCAG to fund up to $121,500 within Cycle 2 of the North County Measure A Bicycle and Pedestrian and Safe Routes to School Program.
FY 17-18 OVERALL WORK PROGRAM
AND BUDGET AMENDMENT|
1. Adopt a resolution (Attachment 1) amending the FY 2017-18 Overall Work Program (OWP) and Budget to add tasks and funding for marketing and outreach to support peak hour rail service implementation in coordination with LOSSAN Rail Corridor Agency, to adjust Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5304 funds and State Planning & Research (SP&R) carryover balances, and to add funding to reflect previously contracted professional services for the Goleta Ramp Metering Study, the Santa Maria – San Luis Obispo Connectivity Plan, and the Airport Land Use Compatibility Plan work elements; and
2. Approve and authorize Executive Director, Marjie Kirn, to execute these amendments to the OWP and Budget.
OUTSIDE COUNSEL SERVICES
Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a First Amendment to the Agreement for Professional Services with Remy Moose Manley LLC for litigation services for the term of February 16, 2017 to June 30, 2018 in the amount not to exceed $90,000.
CLEAN AIR EXPRESS REQUEST FOR
1. Approve and authorize the Executive Director, or designee, to release a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a Clean Air Express Operator; and
2. Authorize the Executive Director to make and approve minor revisions to the draft RFP prior to releasing the final RFP.
a. Draft Clean Air Express RFP
FAST FORWARD 2040 REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION PLAN AND SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITY
STRATEGY AND SUPPLEMENTAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT (20 minutes)
1. Hold public hearing on the Fast Forward 2040 Regional Transportation Plan & Sustainable Communities Strategy (RTP-SCS) and the Supplemental Environmental Impact Report (EIR);
2. Adopt CEQA findings and a resolution certifying the Final Supplement to the Environmental Impact Report for Fast Forward 2040 (SEIR); and
3. Adopt a resolution adopting Fast Forward 2040 Regional Transportation Plan and Sustainable Communities Strategy for Santa Barbara County.
3. Fast Forward 2040
4. Fast Forward 2040 Appendices
5. CEQA Findings
6. Supplemental Environmental Impact Report for Fast Forward 2040
7. Final Environmental Impact Report for the 2040 Regional Transportation Plan and Sustainable Communities Strategy
8. Mitigation, Monitoring, and Reporting Program
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY AGE CHARACTERISTICS REPORT (15 minutes)
Receive a Report on Santa Barbara County Age Characteristics.
1. Draft Santa Barbara County Age Characteristics Report.
|8.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS (10 minutes)|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their districts/cities.
|9.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT (10 minutes)|
|10.||CALTRANS DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT (10 minutes)|
Pacific Surfliner Board Meeting – June 19, 2017 (Director Schneider)
CRCC Meeting - June 23, 2017 (Director Schneider)
Calvans Meeting - July 13, 2017 (Director Richardson)
|13.||RECESS TO CLOSED SESSION (20 minutes)|
Public Employee Performance Evaluation - Executive Director (Gov. Code sec. 54957(b)(1))
|14.||REPORT FROM CLOSED SESSION|
The next Board meeting will be held on September 21, 2017 in Santa Maria.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|