SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Thursday, April 20, 2017
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
105 E. Anapamu Street, 4th Floor
Print Version of Agenda
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local Transportation Authority.
Persons may address the SBCAG Board either in person or by using the remote video testimony system located at the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, 105 East Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara, CA. Persons may address the SBCAG Board on any matter listed on the agenda by completing and delivering to the Clerk a speaker slip before the item is considered. Matters not listed on the agenda may be addressed during the public comment item on the agenda. Further information on agenda items can be obtained in the SBCAG Office, 260 North San Antonio Rd., Suite B, Santa Barbara. The time shown on the agenda for the duration of agenda items are estimates. The SBCAG board may consider items out of sequence at the discretion of the Chair. Any disclosable public records related to an open session item on a regular meeting agenda and distributed by the Board Clerk to all or a majority of the members of the SBCAG Board less than 72 hours prior to that meeting are available for inspection in the SBCAG office and on the Internet at: http://www.sbcag.org/meetings.html
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact SBCAG at least three working days prior to the scheduled meeting.
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 5:00 P.M. and Monday, April 24, 2017 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve minutes from the March 16, 2017 board of directors meeting.
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
|5.||CONSENT CALENDAR (5 minutes) |
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
FY 2016-17 OVERALL WORK PROGRAM AMENDMENT
Adopt a resolution amending the FY 2016-17 Overall Work Program to reflect the actual carryover balances of FTA Sect. 5304 and SP&R grant funds certified with the State of California, shift funding between work elements to reflect actual staffing levels and reflect new work elements funded with new Federal and State grants.
HIGHWAY 101/LINDEN CASITAS TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PLAN
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a contract amendment with Ayars and Associates to augment costs of community relations component of the Traffic Management Plan (TMP) for the Linden Casitas Interchange project by $25,000 for FY 16-17.
2. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a contract with Easy Lift for local transit service to serve needs of Carpinteria community due construction-related closures at a cost not to exceed $150,000.
|C. FUNDING AGREEMENT WITH CITY OF
SANTA MARIA |
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a funding agreement with the City of Santa Maria to use of Measure A North County Interregional Transit Program funds as a local match for state and federal transit funding allocated to Santa Maria to purchase Clean Air Express coaches.
2. Approve and authorize the Executive Director to sign and execute associated funding forms as necessary.
COUNTY MEASURE A BICYCLE & PEDESTRIAN AND SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL PROGRAMS
– TIMELY USE OF FUNDS EXTENSION |
Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Amendment No. 1 to cooperative agreement with City of Lompoc to extend timely use of funds deadline for Measure A Cycle 1 Safe Routes to School, Bicycle and Pedestrian Project.
|E. 2040 REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION PLAN-SUSTAINABLE
COMMUNITIES STRATEGY AMENDMENT NO. 2 |
1. Adopt a resolution approving Amendment No. 2 to the 2040 Regional Transportation Plan-Sustainable Communities Strategy for the San Jose Creek Bike Path Southern Extent project.
2. Determine that the previously adopted Environmental Impact Report (EIR 2012091050) is adequate environmental review for reclassification of the San Jose Creek Bike Path pursuant to Section 15162 of the State Guidelines for Implementation of the California Environmental Quality Act to satisfy the CEQA requirements for the project, and that no subsequent Environmental Impact Report or Negative Declaration shall be prepared for this project.
Carbon Transit Operations Program, Fiscal Year 2016/17 Revised
Adopt two resolutions replacing resolutions 17-08 and 17-07 to revise the list of projects for the Fiscal Year 2016/17 Low Carbon Transit Operations Program, consisting of funding for Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District (MTD) South Coast Marketing and SBCAG Traffic Solutions North County Marketing.
RAIL PLANNING CONSULTANT CONTRACT |
Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a consulting services contract with WSP in an amount not to exceed $50,000 to assist staff with developing peak hour rail service implementation alternatives.
FY 2015-16 FINANCIAL REPORTS |
Receive and file SBCAG’s audited Annual Financial Report and Single Audit Report for FY 2015-16.
TRANSIT NEEDS ASSESSMENT (15 minutes) |
Review and comment on the Draft 2017 Transit Needs Assessment.
1. Draft 2017 Transit Needs Assessment for Santa Barbara County
FY 2017-18 OVERALL WORK PROGRAM AND BUDGET (15
Review and comment on the Draft FY 2017-18 Overall Work Program and Budget.
HIGHWAY 246 PASSING LANES|
A. Approve funding to offset cost increases in construction on the Highway 246 project.
B. Authorize the Chair to sign a cooperative agreement amendment with Caltrans if the funding option calls for using Measure A funds.
|9.||ONE MINUTE REPORTS (15 minutes)|
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their districts/cities.
SBCAG Staff Participation on State Freight Activities
Receive an update from SBCAG staff on recent freight network designation and funding activities conducted by the California Transportation Commission and Caltrans.
|11.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT (10 minutes)|
|12.||CALTRANS DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT (10 minutes)|
Pacific Surfliner Board Meeting – March 20 & April 17, 2017 (Director Schneider)
CRCC Meeting - April 7, 2017 (Director Schneider)
CALCOG Regional Leadership Forum – March 30 – 31, 2017 (Director Sierra)
|15.||RECESS TO CLOSED SESSION (30 minutes)|
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL—EXISTING LITIGATION
(Paragraph (1) of subdivision (d) of Government Code section 54956.9) Transportation Futures Committee, et al. v. California Department of Transportation, et. al (Consolidated Case No. 1468955)
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL—ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (d) of Government Code section 54956.9: one case.
|16.||REPORT FROM CLOSED SESSION|
The next Board meeting will be held on May 18, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Santa Maria.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|