SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
511 E. Lakeside Parkway
Santa Maria, CA
Print Version of Agenda
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local Transportation Authority.
Persons may address the SBCAG Board either in person or by using the remote video testimony system located at the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, 105 E. Anapamu Street, 4th floor, Santa Barbara, CA. Persons may address the SBCAG Board on any matter listed on the agenda by completing and delivering to the Clerk a speaker slip before the item is considered. Matters not listed on the agenda may be addressed during the public comment item on the agenda. Further information on agenda items can be obtained in the SBCAG Office, 260 North San Antonio Rd., Suite B, Santa Barbara. The time shown on the agenda for the duration of agenda items are estimates. The SBCAG board may consider items out of sequence at the discretion of the Chair.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact SBCAG at least three working days prior to the scheduled meeting.
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 5:00 P.M. and Monday, January 18, 2015 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve minutes from the December 18, 2014 board of directors meeting.
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
HIGHWAY 166 CUYAMA BUS STOPS PROJECT|
1. Approve plans and specifications and the location for the construction of the Cuyama Bus Stops Project (SBCAG construction contract 05214-NMC0-0274); on file at SBCAG’s offices.
2. Authorize the Chair to execute a contract with Cal Portland Construction for the Highway 166 Cuyama Bus Stop Project in the amount of $202,249, which has been reviewed and approved to form by County Counsel and SBCAG staff.
3. Authorize the Executive Director to approve changes or additions to the work or supplemental to be performed under the contract in the amount not to exceed $25,000.
4. Authorize the Executive Director to approve agency furnished materials related to the work being performed under the contract in the amount not to exceed $5,000.
5. Determine that this project was found by the SBCAG board to be exempt from the provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to State CEQA guidelines Section 15301 on April 17, 2014, upon approval of the project that a Notice of Exemption (NOE) was filed on that basis, and that the proposed action is within the scope of that NOE.
HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTING SERVICES|
Authorize the chair to execute a professional services contract with Koff and Associates to conduct a compensation and classification study at an amount not to exceed $ 29,544.
FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION 5310 PROGRAM|
Approve project scores for Federal Transit Administration Section 5310 (Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities) grant applications for the FY 2015 funding cycle and authorize submittal to Caltrans for statewide scoring.
PROPOSITION 1B TRANSIT SECURITY PROGRAM|
1. Approve projects for the Fiscal Year 2014/15 Proposition 1B Transit Security Grant Program for submittal to California Office of Emergency Services.
2. Adopt a resolution authorizing SBCAG to allocate Proposition 1B Transit Security Program funding in the amount of $157,040 to local agency projects.
FEDERAL TRANSIT ADFMINISTRATION (FTA) 5307 PROGRAM |
Approve project selection procedures for FTA 5307 funding and authorize a call for projects.
TRAFFIC SOLUTIONS ONLINE WEBSITE SERVICES|
Authorize the chair to execute a contract with RideAmigos for the development, hosting and maintenance of the Traffic Solutions Online one-stop-shop commuter trip planner website in the amount of $125,000 using a Federal grant.
Authorize Chair to execute agreement with Colantuono, Highsmith & Whatley, PC for litigation support services in an amount not to exceed $85,000.
|6.||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT (10 minutes) |
a. TTAC and TPAC Officers for 2015
|7||CALTRANS DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT (10 minutes)|
UNMET TRANSIT NEEDS (30 minutes) (10:00 a.m. time
Hold hearing and receive public input on unmet transit needs in Santa Barbara County.
PUBLIC COMMENT LETTER
TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPMENT ACT FAREBOX POLICY (30
Adopt resolutions extending reductions in the minimum farebox recovery ratio required by the Transportation Development Act for one year (fiscal year 2015-16) from 20% to 15% for the City of Lompoc Transit (COLT) and Santa Maria Area Transit (SMAT).
COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS (10 minutes) |
A. Appoint one delegate and one alternate to the California Association of Councils of Governments (CALCOG).
B. Appoint one delegate and one alternate to the Los Angeles-San Diego-San Luis Obispo Rail Corridor Agency (LOSSAN)
C. Appoint one delegate and one alternate to the Coast Rail Coordinating Council.
D. Appoint three members and an alternate to serve as SBCAG representatives on the Coastal Express Policy Committee.
E. Appoint one member and one alternate to the CalVans board of directors.
F. Appoint members to the SBCAG executive committee.
FEDERAL LEGISLATIVE AGENDA
A. Receive report from SBCAG’s federal lobbyist, Don Gilchrest, on federal transportation issues and approve SBCAG’s federal legislative agenda for 2015.
B. Select and authorize SBCAG delegation to schedule meetings in Washington DC to advocate for SBCAG legislative agenda.
|12.||COMMITTEE MEETINGS |
Calvans January 8, 2015 Board Meeting – Director Richardson
The next Board meeting will be held on February 19, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Santa Barbara.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|