SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
511 E. Lakeside Parkway
Santa Maria, CA
Print Version of Agenda
The Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) meets concurrently as the Airport Land Use Commission, the Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies, and the Local Transportation Authority.
Persons may address the SBCAG Board either in person or by using the remote video testimony system located at the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, 105 E. Anapamu Street, 4th floor, Santa Barbara, CA. Persons may address the SBCAG Board on any matter listed on the agenda by completing and delivering to the Clerk a speaker slip before the item is considered. Matters not listed on the agenda may be addressed during the public comment item on the agenda. Further information on agenda items can be obtained in the SBCAG Office, 260 North San Antonio Rd., Suite B, Santa Barbara. The time shown on the agenda for the duration of agenda items are estimates. The SBCAG board may consider items out of sequence at the discretion of the Chair.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact SBCAG at least three working days prior to the scheduled meeting.
TV COVERAGE: Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) Board of Directors meetings are televised live on County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) Channel 20. Rebroadcast of this SBCAG meeting will be on Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 5:00 P.M. and Monday, November 24, 2014 at 5:00 P.M.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|2.||PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
Approve minutes from the October 16, 2014 board of directors meeting.
The public may address the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of this agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
Approve by roll call vote on one motion:
PROPOSITION 1B PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
MODERNIZATION, IMPROVEMENT AND SERVICE ENHANCEMENT ACCOUNT|
1. Approve submittal of applications to Caltrans for Proposition 1B transit capital population-based funding available from Fiscal Years 2014/15—16/17.
2. Adopt a resolution authorizing SBCAG to allocate Proposition 1B Transit Capital Program funding in the amount of $3,876,597 to local agency projects.
NORTH COUNTY MEASURE A COST SAVINGS|
Approve an allocation of North County Measure A funding to the following projects:
1. $600,000 for the Alamo Pintado Creek Pedestrian and Bicycle Improvement Project (Allocation subject to future board approval of investment plan amendment)
2. $993,000 for the Union Valley Parkway Southbound On Ramp Wall
3. $634,000 for the Union Valley Parkway/Woodmere Road Wall
HIGHWAY 166 / HIGHWAY 1 INTERSECTION
1. Approve an allocation of North County Measure A funding in the amount of $509,000 to complete the Highway 166/Highway 1 intersection project.
2. Authorize the Chair to sign contract with Psomas for $100,975 to complete preliminary engineering and environmental studies on the Highway 166/Highway 1 Intersection project.
HIGHWAY 166 / BLACK ROAD INTERSECTION
1. Approve an allocation of North County Measure A funding in the amount of $541,000 to complete the Highway 166/Black Road intersection project.
2. Authorize the Chair to sign contract with Psomas for $228,338 from North County Measure A funding to complete preliminary engineering and environmental studies on the project.
3. Authorize the Chair to sign a cooperative agreement with Caltrans for the preliminary engineering and environmental phase of the project.
MEASURE A FINANCIAL ADVISOR|
Authorize the chair to sign a contract amendment with KNN Public Finance, Inc. to extend the term of the contract to December 31, 2015.
RESOLUTION OF APPRECIATION
Adopt resolutions of appreciation for outgoing board members Frances Romero and John Linn.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT (10 minutes)
CALTRANS DISTRICT DIRECTOR’S REPORT
MEASURE A NORTH COUNTY
PROGRAM: BUELLTON SIDEWALK/STREETSCAPE PROJECT (5 minutes) |
A. Hold a public hearing to:
1. Conduct second reading of an amendment to the Measure A Ordinance to add the Highway 246 Sidewalk and Streetscape Project in Buellton to the Measure A Investment Plan.
2. Adopt amendment to Measure A Ordinance. (Requires 2/3 vote)
B. Direct staff to prepare a cooperative agreement with the City of Buellton for up to $250,000 in Measure A funds for Highway 246 Streetscape/Sidewalk project in the City of Buellton.
STATE OF THE COMMUTE
REPORT (20 minutes)|
Receive informational presentation of the Santa Barbara County State of the Commute summary pamphlet.
Pacific Surfliner Board meeting – October 20th, November 17th (Director Carbajal)
Calvans meeting – November 13th (Director Richardson)
RECESS TO CLOSED SESSION (30 minutes)
A. Conference with Legal Counsel– Two cases. (Gov. Code § 54956.9)
First Case: Santa Barbara County Superior Court Case No. 1468955.
Transportation Futures Committee, et al., v.CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, et al.
Second Case: Santa Barbara County Superior Court Case No. 1468955.
LAWRENCE GRASSINI, et al., Petitioners,v. CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, et al., Respondent
B. Conference with Legal Counsel—Existing litigation (Gov. Code sec. 54956.9(a))
Martinelli v. State of California (Caltrans), County of Santa Barbara & Santa Barbara County Association of Governments, Santa Barbara Superior Court Case No. 1407847.
|14.||REPORT FROM CLOSED SESSION|
The next Board meeting will be held on December 18, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Santa Barbara.
|Board Meetings Archive|
|Board Committees Archive|
|Advisory Committees Archive|